Moving from VA to WA, Ski along the way? Housing in SW WA?

BCM

• Baller

I would greatly appreciate any help you may be able to provide.

I just landed a great job in SW WA (Longview/Vancouver area) and will be moving from SW VA to SW WA in early July (leaving VA around the 4th). My brother and I will be driving my pickup, pulling a trailer for the move. In order to persuade my brother to fly cross country, then drive cross country then fly 1000 miles home I have mentioned to him that I will try to arrange some ski rides along the way. We are both M2 -28/32 skiers, he is a firefighter and I am finishing a PhD in forestry. If you may be able to assist us with ski rides or a place to set up a tent/unroll a sleeping bag I would greatly appreciate it. We are more than willing to pay for ski rides/lodging with beer, gas, cash, manual labor etc...

Below is our basic route:

Going East to West...

VA/TN - it looks like we will be meeting in AR...but that may change

AR - I have covered

OK - OKC/Tulsa areas

KS - We will be traveling I55 to I70 toward Denver

CO - Denver/Steamboat/Grand Junction (we will l likely stay with friends in Steamboat then head to UT)

UT - SLC/Provo/Ogden

ID - Boise/Caldwell (I will likely stay with friends in the Nampa area)

OR - I-84 from Ontario to Portland (I may swing toward Bend)

WA - I think I have covered... I will be ending the journey in the Vancouver/Longview area...

I am also looking for a short term (3ish month) rental in the greater Vancouver/Longview/Clark County, WA area (basically between Vancouver and Winlock) while we look for a house. Nothing special, apartment, in-law quarters, etc. would be great, please PM me if you may be able to help out...

I am planning on making my way out to some of the tournaments in SW WA come July and August.

If you think you could lend a hand we can exchange emails via PM and go from there.

Thank you!!

Brian

• Baller

@BCM if your looking at a ski lake, there is Winlock Lakes (3 Tourney Man-Made Lakes) and I have a friend with a lot for sale on Lake #1......... might want to connect with him any ways to see if there are any rental opportunities on that lake. I know one house is a rental, but I think it was already rented.......

Also, if you swing north, Wenatchee, WA is a bit out of the way, but you are welcome to come ski with us........

Welcome to the best place on earth to live. Don't tell anyone else though!