Trouble getting sn 200 on trailer

fpjl

• Baller

@oldjeep depends on the launch. When our lake was low in northern WI, you'd have your back wheels in several inches of wet sand. Folks were getting stuck with 2WD vehicles pulling out their empty trailers after launching.

Slick ramps where water levels fluctuate are another 4WD use case. The lake I frequent out here in AZ will fluctuate 18 inches some days. I'll spin tires pulling out my empty trailer in 2WD.

The older Nautique trailers with the crash pads didn't come with winches. At least my bud's 91 is like that. There's a turnbuckle setup on his trailer. Need to put it in a bit deeper than a winch trailer.

Not my favorite setup, but it works.

• Baller
I never was a crash pad fan in the past, as they were a pain when you wanted to put the cover on (or take off) after the boat is loaded. launching with the cover rolled up on the bow and hoping it didn't fall in the lake was also lots of fun. On the new Boatmate trailer for the '19 Ski Nautique, they actually have this part dialed in. There is a huge turnbuckle that holds the winch/crash pad stand upright. If you want some clearance to remove or install the boat cover, a simple couple turns on the turnbuckle tilts if forward bringing the crash pads away from the rub rail.