Horton NASCAR Allegiance?

DW

• Administrators
@DW I was unaware that there was an #88. I have always followed the #22. Joey is clearly the best driver in the history of the sport. I understand he has the engine from a Prius in his car just to make the races seem fair.

I guess it's great to be talked about. I heard through the grapevine that my deal with Centurion was making news in the waterski community. It's great to tell the Centurion story everywhere I go.

And for the record, who's got the most front row starts in Spring Cup this year? It's not the 10 or 88! Here's a hint, it sounds a LOT like twenty two!

Joey Logano

22 Team Penske Shell Penzoil Ford Fusion and proud Centurion captain

• Baller_
@Joey: great to see you joined BOS. Would you be so kind as to send several cases of your sponsors product + card for fuel purchases to my mailing address:) Rotella is the best, Vmax rocks...PS: great start to this year, keep up the great work, your switch to Roger's team seems to be a great thing.

• Baller
Cool for Centurion, cool for @joey22, cool for water skiing, cool for NASCAR. I have not had a compelling reason to have a favorite driver before...now I do. Go get 'em Joey (and put a ball of spray logo in the back window)!

Thanks everyone. Although I'm more of a wakeboarder now, just because it's more of a social experience with my team members and sponsors, slalom skis aren't foreign to me. Been skiing since I was a kid during the summers on Candlewood Lake. I can still get into 22 on occasion. I've thought about trying to get through it into 28 off, but there's something about the number 22. :)

@shaneH no one likes to record a sporting event to watch when they can, then to read the results on Facebook or Really!!! ball of spray. If we want to see the results there are other sites for that. I was looking forward to watching the race tonight when I got back from the cabin. I know the intent was not to spoil the race for other but please please do not make this a Nascars spoiler site. We know @joey22 is not Joey Logano knows he drives a Ford. Great that a water ski company has a Nascars connection but lets not stop Nascars fans coming to this site .... Ok I will get off my soap box thanks for reading. I enjoy this site and don't want to avoid it every weekend.

• Administrators

@bigtallweed‌ you have my condolences on the spoiler (but this is a thread about NASCAR). On formula 1 weekends I cannot look at Facebook until I seen the race.

On the other hand Joey is such a good driver that it doesn't matter what brand of car he drives. As I told everyone before - as soon as ski season starts he will start winning.

@ShaneH‌ is a terrible human being and should be punished. I would not be surprised if some Dallas debutante with daddy issues was not paddling him right now.

• Administrators

@joey22‌ was on the Team Centurion conference call this morning. He credits water skiing behind his Carbon Pro for helping him relax and win the race last night.

c57d487ac4744b3b9150a63282debf.jpeg

NASCAR is (in my opinion) likely the best marketed sport today. Seems that waterskiing, thru Joey and Centurion is getting at least a little exposure by the rest of nascar and the various sponsors currently. Maybe an effort for some crossover is worth exploring @The_Krista‌ ?

• Baller

How cool is it that right after this thread begins @joey22 rocks the podium at Richmond?

Centurion needs a non-spec mock up of Joey's NASCAR ride with a hitch and then tow a seriously bad-a$$ Centurion to the venues with it. The appearance would be a NASCAR race car towing the Centurion boat displayed at the races...perhaps in NASCAR and sponsor laden wrap.

Congrats on the win Joey!!

NASCAR power rankings:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/powerRankings/2014/9

Thanks guys. It was sweet to bring the Shell Penzoil 22 to winners circle the first race after announcing our deal with Centurion as an associate sponsor of Team Penske and myself. And with a day to goof off since the race was saturday, we hit the water with an FX44 to do a little wake surfing and hanging out. With a jackman, spotter and tire changer all from Florida, you know they'd like a little lake action on a day off. Keep tuning in and watching. We're just getting rolling!!!

Anyone want to place bets on a repeat at 'Dega this coming weekend? Should be fun and exciting!!!