Slow Start

tjm

• Baller

Took the boat out for a spin on Minnetonka today. Air 50, water 45.

Cost - 1 prop

Lesson of the day is that if the buoys are not out that even if you know the lake you have to be paying attention to the lake and not all the fishing boats clogging the no wake area.

• Baller

Lesson learned, luckily PropMD is local and I already put the spare on. It'll just be about a $140 mistake.

http://oldjeep.com/images/Malibu/FirstTrip/WP_20140426_010.jpg

http://oldjeep.com/images/Malibu/FirstTrip/WP_20140426_001.jpg

• Baller

@Andy Rock or rocks. I was in a no wake zone that usually has a bunch of buoys marking the problem areas. Got into one of the problem areas when I was weaving around the 1/2 dozen fishing boats that were parked all over the area.

• Baller_
Did the site prep this weekend. The water was upper 40s at best. Air in the low 50s. No skiing, just the course, dock, and jump installation, plus a little yard work there. I don't see any opportunities to ski in the near future, either. This seems to be one of the slowest starts I can recall.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Supporting Member

This is already my latest start since I started "serious" skiing in 1994. And I haven't started yet, so the record continues to be broken.

Slight chance for this week. This weekend "no matter what" -- I hope...

• Baller
I sneaked in my 2 sets of the season last Thursday/Friday. Wind was howling on Saturday, and we had snow flurries at the lake on Sunday, along with high winds. Going to stay unseasonably cold through the middle of next week here in CO.

Kinda wish it was still raining and cold here. Its really killing me seeing 90 F weather with the water in the upper 60s, and I can't get wet.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/joeprunc/DBA195D1-1320-446E-85A2-0AD1FA99F70C_zpssixe0egj.jpg

• Baller

Skied today. Not well at all.

Way below my average

Driver refused to run more than 4 passes.

Why???? Hmmmm. Not a perfect day.

Wind about 30 mph.

Waves was so big he got water over the wind shield in his chest. Type 2 feets.

And the it also started to SNOW..... he drove me home.

BI type -98 (celsius)

@horton. It Seems like BI Celsius and Fahrenheit do not match.

Check freezing water on both water and air.

• Supporting Member

First passes through the buoys last night! Started off pretty horrible -- it seems I was going very wide on open water (a good thing overall) but at a slower pace. So I had to really change my timing and get right into my turn.

Second set felt pretty normal, running six straight -28s.

Best news is my fitness doesn't seem terrible. That was what I was most worried about with such a late start and therefore so little open water time.