Parrish back on Goode....

Jordan

• Baller
Nothing against any other ski, but I don't believe I have ever seen CP ski smoother, better than when he was on Goode 3-4 years ago. I have some video shot from the boat of CP at the Ski Ranch on his Goode - awesome skiing!

• Baller
Agreed, seems like when he was drinking from the GOODE fountain, he was skiing his best. Makes me feel even better about buying and wearing my GOODE World Record Shirt that I got in the mail today.......... GOOD LUCK CP!

Cp went to Hancock this week and with about 4 sets on the ski he ran 4@41. Today was his 7th set on ski and ran 41 during a practice round at Swiss. Hopefully CP can step up the game again. In my opinion he skied pretty well on the Goode when he was on it. Good luck to him

• Baller

Bro Jim and I skied with him right about the time he was on fire having set and re-set the world record over a very short time frame. He then made a ski switch and training switch and I remember talking with Jim about that and being like "huh"?

I hope he finds consistent big scores...always loved watching him ski and Nate needs a challenge.

• Baller

Not saying he wasn't running 41' on his Mapple. I am saying that on the Goode he was running it with some regularity. On other skis he has been more like Will, JB, etc. who run it on occasion. (Talking in tournament here) To hang with Nate you need to run it a lot.

Not picking sides here. Great skiers all and good skis as well. Just observations.

• Baller
These guys are all so good they could ski on any stick and be within a few buoys on any given day. I think the change is mental sometimes -- we change because we need a change and our mind believes it will make a difference -- so it does!

• Baller
Agree totally @razorskier1. My view is CP is getting older and his form of the past seems to have deserted him, not because of the ski is on, he's just getting older. Moving to a new stick would be as good as holiday in his mind I think.

Cp is back on the Goode because he felt that he was more consistent on the Goode. Look at the number of 41s he ran on the Goode versus the Mapple. Dave is committed to building the ski for him that will give him the best opportunity to challenge the record and become more consistent at 41. It should be interesting. Remember the days when cp did a triple opt up and ran 41. Look forward to a good year of skiing. One of the best weeks I have ever had was when Nate and Chris spent a few days here in Louisiana. Watching them push each other wax a lot of fun. As much as Nate enjoys winning he enjoys competition as does CP. Competition is great for the sport. I look forward to another week of those two down here in Louisiana skiing and knocking out 41s like they were 35 off

No I certainly think Mapple gave him the support he needed. However the truth is in the numbers of 41 offs he ran in tournaments on each ski. So I guess time will tell. Nate had 38 cracks at 43 when he broke the record. So you have to be on the ski that will give you the most consistency. Dave is building his own skis at his own factory and he has the ability to cut or change a mold any time he wants. He builds text molds all the time at a very high cost to him. So I know that Dave is committed to building a ski for CP that will give him the best opportunity to have a shot at the record plain and simple!!!!! For example. TGas has his own ski fans design that works for him. So that's the support and commitment I am refering to. Not saying Andy did not support him because I know he did.

• Baller

And, I can confirm that he is on a Goode. Met CP today at Lucky's, where he is getting in

some training pre-Masters. Dave Goode is a good guy. We did some work at his site back

in September to change his floater course to bottom-anchored before the "L" tournament

that he produced there at his lake in Utah.

• Baller

"Goode can do a better job of building skis for his team skiers since he builds his own skis in his factory where he works. "

I happened to take a tour of Goode HQ in Ogden in February with Dave Goode. I've taken many factory tours and the tour Dave gave us was outstanding. After the tour I have no doubt that Dave Goode could personally build a ski from scratch to anyone's specs (I doubt the heads of most ski manufacturers can say this). Goode is a small operation (comparatively) and as such Dave and his team can really spend the time to know their customer, develop their product and develop/tweak skis for people like CP. Other ski manufacturers just don't have this ability.

On a side note, no one ever talks about Dave Goode's snow sports passion. We spent at least half the tour talking about ski racing and the design and manufacture of Goode snow skis and poles.

• Baller
@lakeaustinskier - not doubting his passion regarding snow skiing as that is how he started (with poles), but his skis are up against much better established big manufacturers like Rossi, Head, Fischer, et al and a myriad of boutique makers now for non-racing skis. At least in the Far West there is basically no Goode presence on the hill (except for Eric Lee). Not sure how it is in other ski-centric areas - including Utah. That is why there is no talk of Goode snow skis. This is no comment on the quality or performance of his skis. I have no idea and probably never will. I'm just sayin' - they aren't around.

• Baller

It's gotta' be difficult to switch manufacturers as a pro in this sport. I think it may be easier to tell your spouse you want a divorce!

@jimbrake I've never seen a set of Goode snow skis up here in Montana. Not at The Yellowstone Club, Big Sky, or Bridger Ski Bowl.

• Baller
Washington ski hills have some GOODE snow skiis. I got a pair (basically for free: $200) when I bought a new Nano One XT over the winter. IT WAS BLAST TO CARVE UP THE SNOW! Not an extreme skier, but they rocked my world.

• Baller

@lakeaustinskier‌ Dave Goode has another passion as well, flying. He was featured in Flying magazine a few years ago.

@jimbrake‌ Squaw Valley sports had Goode skis as their high end demo a decade ago. There were lots on the mountain then. Recently they are hard to find. Still Goode's influence is visible. I know no details but I heard he was involved with the people from DPS whose powder skis are common on a powder day. There seems to be a trend toward lighter skis and his technology led the way. Note that my Goodes are still going strong after 6 years of abuse in the bumps.

Dave is certainly an interesting and talented person.

The speculation about CP and his ski is entertaining. Best wishes to Chris. But it is the skier not the ski.

Eric

• Baller

Based on my tour with Dave Goode my gut tells me Goode probably makes most of his money from snow poles (mostly) and snow skis (not as many). The snow ski market is enormous compared to the water ski market (especially for high end water skis). You don't have to own a large share of a huge market to be successful.

Dave also told us that he started as a snow racer/skier and he saw the need for a durable snow ski pole that didn't break. Never went to college - just started tinkering with products.

• Baller_

Rented snow skis out west a few years ago. All they had was Goode rental poles. By the houndreds.

Dare I say the break up may have been do to personality conflicts. Plausible. Hope not but plausible.

Tougher to have that happen when you both live at opposite ends of the country.

• Baller
@eleeski - I'm not sure you're really "abusing" your Goode's in the bumps. Give 'em to Ryan Nason and let him have a go. Oh, and I was on the hill at Squaw 10 years ago (also 20, 30, 40, and even 45 years ago) and I maybe saw one pair (?) of Goode's. Maybe. I do see a lot of DPSs. I keep waiting to see some LeeSkis.....

• Baller

@jimbrake‌ I can follow @Nason‌ 's line down West Face. It's harder because I take that line much slower. I'm so much better than him.

He actually did ride my Goodes. He was trying to kill me by sending me down KT on some horrible Blizzards. Fortunately he felt sorry for me (or didn't want to wait for the patrol toboggan) and gave me back my skis.

Now that you mention it, there is some epoxy and graphite on the top of a couple of my skis. Maybe Leeski snow skis soon?

Eric

• Baller
@eleeski and @jimbrake I wouldn't trust my opinion on anything. I broke a pair of Harts and didn't notice until lunch time. The entire side wall was gone. But Eric patched them up and they work fine now. Eric, its a lot easier to ski my lines faster than slower. haha. I don't know how you do it.

• Baller
CP's comments in the article on the home page (@Horton, see someone reads it:)) are probably not intended to come across the way they do; but, he seems very happy to be back with Goode after being away.