Range report on In-Tow Handle

MrJones

• Baller

Just want to throw this out for you guys. After Chad repeatedly telling me that I should give the In-Tow handle a try I finally did. I got the 1.062x12 with the cross bar. Skied with it this weekend and I have to say it feels great.

I am very picky about handles. I have gone from the old (ancient) Custom Grip to the Masterline which I have been happy with. I don't like change, (Think Wayne's World) but this thing is good. The tack/grip feels the same as my ML and the quality looks great. I have been wanting to go to some type guard on the handle, but as mentioned hate to change things. After leaving the dock I totally forgot I was using a new handle at all, which is the best compliment I can give it. I also appreciate the support that Brenda is giving the Big Dawg series and skiers.

If you have considered the In Tow but haven't tried it yet don't be worried. You won't be disappointed.

• Baller
I have used Brenda's handles for years now. My new handle has the bar. The jury is out for me. I have at least missed grabbed 6 or 7 times totally blowing my pass. I think it would be better if she gave at least one more inch of room for your hand to grab the handle. That's about 4-5 inches of room, I know my noggin won't fit in that.

• Supporting Member
When I finally get around to ordering my new handles from Brenda, I plan to specifically request 5" from centerline of handle to center-line of bar. I recognize that such a gap provides very little arm-through prevention, but I have (unfortunately) proven that I cannot get used to something that I can tag with my fingertips. I've been using duck tape pretty effectively, but a more permanent solution would be prefered.

• Baller
We have been using Brenda's ropes and handles for more than 10 years and have always been happy with her product and service. Handles and ropes always measure true. The boat ties are great - no metal to scratch the gel coat on the boat. Brenda's products are top notch. We cheated on her last year when we bought a new rope and handle at Nationals due to convenience and we were very disappointed. Below are pictures of the "other" mfg. rope. The whole rope is twisted in 1/2 of a season, the loops began to fray within 2 weeks. I tried to contact the mfg. to check on the warranty, and was told it was most likely due to user error - first that I did not use on a ski boat (we have a Nautique) and then was told I probably did not know how to hook the loop on the pylon. Hahaha.

• Baller
funny @scotchipman I went out last week and got to the course and was like, "where the hell is my handle?" I had to use @Garn's uh, less than desirable, store-bought-mass-produced p.o.s handle while being pissed off about my beautiful baby being lost. One week later, I was going to the course and driving down the freeway and voila, I see a handle sitting in the middle of the damn freeway. Pulled over, used my cat like reflexes to dart out into traffic--staying in my stacked position of course--grabbed it and went and skied today. It is not straight anymore, has a bit of a double bend, ripped the hell out of the rope, but still managed to pull my fat arse out of the water six times. Drove back to work, ordered two new handles from Brenda and now plan on sending this back to her for her marketing! Great day and fantastic Handle!!!