Opinions on the Ski Nautique 200 wake

Casey Folson

• Baller
I think different styles may feel the wakes differently. I have skied behind a few(not many) 200's and with my style sometimes I feel the wake with a particular boat and other boats I don't really feel it. To me it is not that it is a bigger bump at 22 and 28 but stiffer than others.

When asked if bears are dangerous- an old timer said- "depends on the bear"- I think boats can be individual as well. Hull hooks, prop choice, size and pitch, interior load distribution, water depth and temperature all make a difference. YMMV

• Baller

Awful lot of comments on something that some claim to be nonexistent.

Have no problem with the 200 wake, but, the wake behind the TSC1 hull I ski behind is better.

What's up with that? 13 years of R&D, really?

• Baller
I will also make this comment, pulling out for a gate @-35 this week in a bit of a headwind and I got a bit of a spray pelting, its not the first time I've noticed it. Again no big deal but if we holding the 200 up as the standard then there is room for improvement.

• Baller

WOW, this is like complaining about counting money...I ski behind my own 200 and 2 others and the wake is the LEAST of my worries..The wake is just a reference point for the edge change..The 200 made MC up their game, and that's a good thing for all of us..Right now I'm not worried what boat I draw in a Tourney.. The CC, MC, TXi, or Carbon Pro....They are all now GREAT Wakes.

Maybe now we can all think about skiing and be thank full that no matter what boat we ski behind at Tourney's this year, it's all GOOD.

All this discussion about wake... a flat boat beats them all. Now which one do you think is the easiest to drive? No debate there. Unless you always have a skilled driver, the decision is very easy. Simply, one is a freight train. The others are Winnebagos in a crosswind.

• Baller

@horton Always have to love a shameless plug. God knows I get them in too. That one almost as bad as your write up about the trick wake being good on that boat. We just un-wrapped Bailey's new 200 practice boat yesterday. Thank you www.Skiworld.co.za and uncle Don for the support. Between my Malibu, her boat and @TFIN new bad ass Prostar it's fun to pick a brand each day.

I only skied 1 set (first one in a month) and 6L felt awesome. Just ran 32's and a 35. Can promise you this. There is no wake at 28off.

http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv313/marcaustin11/2014Nautique.jpg

• Baller
@shaneH It's super clean man. Like the older graphics pattern. The CC metallic has really improved. There was no sun yesterday so the only pics I have on my phone don't show it, but it really pops when it comes out. Skied it once and fifteen minutes after ran to catch a red eye to London then Africa. As usual, I'm pissed to not be home using it, but I have to ask permission to use this one anyway since it's Bailey's boat to use for the summer. I was a little baffled how my Malibu got put on the borrowed boat lift and her boat took over my spot.

• Baller
I can't tell any difference in the wakes between the 196, 200, CarbonPro or Malibu until 38 off, where the trough is less pronunced on the 200 and CarbonPro. The spray behind the 200 (no spray) is my better than the other boats. However I maintain a strong angle (realitvely) behind the boat and weigh 170pds. But my wife who ways much less than I and can run into 32off does not like the wake at 22off, behind either the 200 or CarbonPro. She feels strongly enough to limit my purchase of a "new" boat to another 196, so I bought a low hour 2009,196. So the answer is: it depends!

• Baller
@jackQ the wake isn't ever what blows my 38 pass behind any of the boats in question...it's the line length and my mistakes. A 196 is hard to beat unless you need the extra space...I like your purchase and hope to do same one day. Love the new boats as well but bang for the buck the 196 with ZO is sweet at a mighty lot of line lengths.