Re-powering a SN200 5.7 to 6.0

Jim39off

• Baller
We have a SN 200 and it as a 5.7L and we moved to a new lake last year near sea level but the lake is a very short set up and we had a change to try a 6L and it made a difference. So now is it better to sell a boat with 150 hours and trade for 6L or repower to 6L and sell the 5.7 thanks for any ideas

• Baller
Which prop is on the 5.7? You could always try the Acme 1868 at 14.25 inch pitch. This was the tournament prop for 2010. It turns higher RPMs, but would be much less expensive than swapping engines or trading boats.

• Baller_
@jim39off: There are some things you could do to your 5.7 to bump power (camshaft/timing map/exhaust) or even deeper such as compression ratio or stroker crank although since a relatively new boat that may not be an appealing option. A prop might be suitable item as that can make a very significant difference.

• Baller
I would try to find a used 200 with the 6L and sell your boat I have to think that would be cheaper than changing the engine out. It might take some time but I would think this would be the cheapest angle.