Do you ski with a plan or just plan to ski?

Wish

• Baller_
So I was noticing my 35s deteriorating a bit. Sloppy. Tweaked my knew two days ago and today I stayed at 28 the entire set. Wow, I did not think so many things had fallen off the muscle memory. Over the winter, I skied with a set plan for every set down to the line lengths and what specifically to work on. As of late, the plan has been just to ski. I think I'm going back to skiing with a plan. At least that's what today taught me....What say you!

• Baller
I ski because I love it and enjoy the challenge of working up the line. If training, recovery, and/or work becomes more time consuming than the actual fun part of the activity, then I'll likely quit. In fact, I've found that open water skiing gives me bad habits that have to be broken on the course the next set but I do it because it's fun.

• Baller
My life is pretty planned. Skiing is a release with no schedule and I'm out for fun, mental relaxation, physical exercise and escape. If I'm sloppy or tired, I stay longer. If I feel dialed or sometimes if a ski partner is nipping at my heels, I push it down the line.

• Baller
Usually have time for two sets. Each one is planned. Second could change based on how the first goes. I always plan to march down the line first set. Second is typically a technique set at -32 and -35. However, some days I will go straight down the line both sets if technique feels good or if I'm just stubborn.