80's slalom vid

jayski

• Baller

Thurley later developed about the closest thing to a Kjellander slam dunk turn as anyone.

Carl had to be one of the best at muscling through a course.

My friend skied with these guys and came back and said watch out for some kid named Wade Cox who is training with Carl. Awesome video. Just like my friend said, it felt like,you were skiing with the guys back home when you trained with Carl and Wade.

• Baller
I wonder how Mike Kjellander would do with ZeroOff. If you ski smooth it is easier than Perfect Pass to ski behind, but if you start scrapping it hits you hard.. It would be interesting to see how it would react to his slam dunk turn.

@GAJ0004‌ I agree. It's interesting at my club to observe the difference in advice between some of "old school" guys- big muscular guys who ski behind carbureted boats vs guys like me -160# skiing behind a GT 40. Watching this video I can understand where those guys are coming from- load and go baby!

• Baller

Everyone tells me I have an old school textbook skiing style. I am left foot forward, but I have had a couple of skiers over the years tell me they are amazed at how symmetrical my turns are. My boat is carbureted with Stargazer. It also has the 1:1 tranny. In cold water when Perfect Pass reacts to my pull it feels like I am getting pulled out of my ski sometimes. In warm water the pull on my boat is softer than ZeroOff. I use the B2 setting when I am behind ZeroOff. I had no problem skiing behind it. It cracks me up when I hear other skiers talk about a bump behind any of the new boats. My boat is 20 years old(1994 Ski Nautique) and I don't think the wakes are bad at all. If you are skiing properly they are not a problem. I get behind any of the new ones there is nothing there.. I would think Mike Kjellander would have no problem with ZeroOff. It would be interesting to see which of the settings he would use to complement the slam dunk. I tried to do the slam dunk turn in practice once. I could not hang on to it. He is a very strong guy, and I imagine he can hold on to just about everything. I am thinking one of the settings where the throttle responds later may work for him. He dunks gets insane angle and then the acceleration hits. It would be awesome to see him ski at the Diablo Shores Pro-Am with the other legends.

• Baller
Gary, I use to run 10-12 wing on a 240 AMP 9100, and at 200+, could drag the old PP or hand throttling down at about any time if I really cranked and burned. ZO just goes 40mph to make it up. I would love to hear the ZO rpms after a slam dunk from the Big Swede. Nautilus tested him to be one of the strongest they ever measured pound for pound, at least that was what they said on the Pro Tour coverage.