Slowing it down?

jwroblew

So I've been working on a new rope length, I've slowed the boat down 0.5 mph to 33.7. At what point do you start to speed it back up and by how much. I just started to be able to run it back to back and have about a 80% if not higher of running the pass.

Also how much do other people slow the boat down when working on a hard pass? and how much is to much?

• Baller

Jason is that 39?

If you are running it like that, I'd say you should have the feel for the rope and now get the speed.

I would say slow down as much as it takes to run it and learn it.

@AB no it's 38, only getting half way down 39 when I do shorten it after a back to back 38 of course.

@ShaneH‌ is that 4 in a back to back to back to back fashion? That would be a hell of a lot of passes for me, I start at 28'. Or are you saying just consecutive sets with out missing it?

@jwroblew, just have a crack. I have been towed at the wrong speed before and done a major pb of 3 bouys and got into 28 off. But then i heard that i was towed at 32 miles instead of 34. since then i have been upping the speed slowly and i have felt more confident every time i try the full speed. so it has got to help. you will run it. I think you should not slow the boat down more than 2 miles

• Baller
Jason, I have also heard of some speeding the boat up for their easier passes, working on technique as well as making the harder passes at slower speeds seem even more comfortable. I have started to play with this, we'll see how it works.