Practice really does not count but I set a new PB today

Horton

• Administrators

I had never really gotten a good one ball at 39 before today. I was just so happy to turn 2 that I am sure it was not as good as i can do. I squeaked around 3 and made it back to the gates before the 4 ball boat guides. When you are Men 4 you do not expect many more PBs in your lifetime so I am pretty stoked.

What ski? WARP!

@Than_Bogan‌ I keep telling you this ski would not work for you. I have an old EP that might be good for you.

Thanks to (the rope killer ) @ripa38‌ for driving.

• Baller
Why wouldn't a practice PB count?? You know it's legit, if no one else is willing to accept that screw 'em. When I (hopefully) run my new PB this season it won't be in a tournament cause I don't ski tournaments much anymore but I guarantee you I'm counting it none the less.

• Administrators

@Ed_Obermeier‌ For me there are to kinds of scores. Practice and tournament. I am happy about the practice score but "for me" the tournament score means a lot more.

I know not every one agrees. I am not trying to stir up that mess again.

• Administrators
@Colebrah‌ it is true 5 is the worst score possible. I talked to Brooks about it Friday. He said you just choked. He suggested that you might consider Golf

• Baller

Congrats John!

I say stay on the Warp for the season and see where it can take you!

When was the last time you stayed on the same ski for a complete season?

Dreaming of 41 yet?

My ski finish in 16.95 but my ass is out of tolerance!

• Baller
@Horton -- I also ran 3 at 39 in practice this week on my Mapple 6.0. With some professional help (thanks @chrisrossi !) I have figured a couple of things out recently. In the last seven ski days I've run 38 off 11 times! Shout out also to @gjohnson -- his feedback was spot on!

• Baller
I was the driver for Horton practice PB. It was totally legit. The 3 at 39 was not the impressive part. The 38 off pass was what impressed me. I have driven for Horton a lot, and for every different ski he has tested. Even a bunch that never get written up. The 38 pass was by far the smoothest and easiest to drive. Some times you really have to be on your toes to keep it straight when Horton gets past 32 off, but I barely felt him on the 38 off pass. Did not see any of it because I was busy trying not to run over his rope, but it sure felt good. The Warp has changed his skiing for the better.