wing angle

mwetskier

• Baller

This adjustment can help you when the water is slow ski becomes less draggy but it also raises the tip, you might need to add some length to compensate that. Lessen the degrees is not the same as taking off the wing completely.

Alex

• Baller
@mwetskier‌ The ski will be faster in the glide, possibly messing up your timing for the turn in for the gates. It will accelerate a little faster, but not slow down nearly as quickly as before so you'll be faster at the ball which can make the ski harder to turn. It will be harder to get over the front of the ski in the pre-turn, and the ski will be less tip-sensitive at the ball.

What happens when you remove the wing completely? Over 20 years ago I was told by a coach to take off the "cheater" because I skied better without it. Then I didn't ski for about 14 years. Now I'm getting back into it. That wing is nowhere to be found, but I wonder if I should get one and put it back on. What kind of differences will I notice if I were to do that?

Just recreational skiing for now, but depending on how it goes, might start course work. I'm on a 91 or 92 Connelly Concept.