What wing angle do you use?

RazorRoss3

• Baller
So after my little mishap with my wing falling off mid set (and skiing better after it did oddly enough) I came to wonder what everyone else uses. I also thought it would be interesting to know where people got their setting from; a coach, a ski partner, online, factory settings, etc.. but didn't want 800 poll options

• Baller
Fair point. Like I said, I would have loved to be able to ask what ski they you are on and where did you get the setting recommendation from but on a base of 8 base wing angles plus every ski made in the past 5 years plus at least 5 options for why you use the angle you use there would have been more poll options than I care to calculate.

• Baller

I run 7 degrees on my Quest. Could run into 35 off at 32mph with no wing but struggled at 22 off at 34mph without it. Added the wing with what I felt would just enough angle and it helps me slow down and I'm more controlled at 34 mph.

Guy I ski with has an older D3 and he occasionally gets into 39.5 off without a wing at 34mph...

• Baller
I'm probably closer to 5 or 6. Just a slight angle. David Spencer in Owego NY set up the fin and wing after a few weeks of skiing at his pond when I bought from him in 2001. I have not moved it since.

• Baller
@Marco. I ran 8 on my M6 too. Until I took it off two days ago. Honestly, the ski doesn't feel much different except it carries through the turn better for me. What matters is scores. Prior to this i had put down seventeen 38s, all on a manage site. Hadn't run any on out home public lake, which is always tough to ski short. First day no wing ran 5 at 38 straight down, and put up a 6 to back it up. Yesterday 5,5,6,6. Not sure I could have done that wing on.

• Baller
After a few days now with no wing, I've switched back to a wing, @MS‌ will be smirking. I found increased control and stability of my edges and think I will be sticking with my now 8 degree wing. Interestingly I ran a pb by a half buoy yesterday before putting the wing back on, just didn't feel natural.

• Baller
@MattP‌, I was of course happy to run a pb but 2.5 at 35 over 2 at 35 was hardly a great leap. In the past 2 weeks I've been running straight up the line to 1.5 or 2 at 35 almost every set. The reason I switched back to a wing is that I didn't feel very well balanced on the ski through the edge change and turn and my consistency at 28 and 32 was suffering. Before I was 100% at 28 and past the 4 ball at 32 every time I hit the water, without the wing I was closer to 90% at 28 and had no consistency at 32. Just happened that one of the times 32 went well I also got a really good 1 ball at 35.