Who is going to the Malibu Open this year (as an observer)?

jhughes

• Baller
We make a nice weekend out of this every year since we tested the site out back in 2009. Get a hotel for Fri/Sat and enjoy Milwaukee and the tournament. It would be nice to put a few faces with names if anyone else on the board is planning on being there.

• Baller

Had planned to go this year then they moved the date back from June to August, probably

to not conflict with the big music festible which is in June. My daughter

goes to school outside Milwaukee and was planning a visit, to watch the open,& play in a coed

ice hockey tournament.

• Baller
We are usually sitting right on the shore somewhat in line with the jump. If you see a 30-something couple chasing 2 kids around that's us. I'll probably have a waterski-appropriate tee on, MC, CC, D3, etc.

• Baller
@dbski‌ AWESOME job on the Trophy skis, the few photos I have seen they look amazing. It is sorta hard to keep up with the event with most of it early am here but from what i saw on the webcast it all looked to run pretty well

Didn't wait for the motorcycles to pass, would have allowed the water to settle out way longer than usual for an advantage to Nate. Boat judge said they considered it for only a second and then continued as usual. Thankfully it didn't affect the outcome. Boat judge said after his 39 end drop in prelims Nate was chatting to her about random things, totally relaxed. Then just went and ran 41 off. Very cool customer.

In the head to head final she said it was great to see both the young guys just having fun talking and enjoying the moment. Awesome performance by KC and Nate.

Will be a shame if they aren't back at this site again next year.

• Baller

@Duskier, Thanks for the shout out on my skis. Got great feed back from all the skiers on them.

This was my third year helping out at the Malibu and it gets better every year! The jump final was unbelievable, 238 by Ryan Dodd on the third jump to beat Freddie by a foot. You can watch Nate on video all day, but to see him from the shore run 41, its not right. It looks like any of his other passes! Just a fantastic tournament, great setting, great weather, great organization and great skiing!