Radar Strada Boot liner replacements

Fine409

• Baller

Slightly different question.... What other brands/models of liners have been used in Strada shells? I know Strada liners have reinforcements on them and a slick material along the heal - I guess to aid in releasing...

Anyone use other liners w success even though they don't have those Strada features?

• Baller
Given that the liner is a part of the "release mechanism" of the Strada/RS1 boot, I'm not sure I would experiment a lot with different styles. Personally I really liked the liner when I was in Stradas. I actually have my son in one for his Reflex trick binding as we needed more fill than the stock liner. (Thanks Sully)

• Baller
I've been using Intuition Aqua liners in my Stradas for over two years and they release just fine without the slick strip. Before that, the slick strip of my rear stock liner wore through and was all torn up, and the release was completely unaffected as far as I could tell.

• Baller
I know some folks on this site have used Intuition's other liners in Stradas/RS-1s, but not sure which model of liner and what the thickness was like. You can often find good deals on intuition liners (for other sports/applications) on eBay.

• Baller

@andjules - I've bought/used a wide variety of Intuition Liners.

The Intuition Aqua is the one with the thinnest bottom - so if you like being on the ski/have a fat foot and want something slender - that's a good route.

FM "splash" is less money and is likely the exact same or very similar.

If you have skinny ankles I like the wrap around liners over the tongue.

• Baller
For those of you running the footbed inside of the liner , it is the bosses that encase the insert that are most likely tearing your boots up. I prefer my footbed inside my liners , so I cut a piece of .015 thick plastic shim stock and put that between the liner and shell. This actually allows the liner to come out easier and will prevent it from getting torn up by the high spots that hold the inserts that attach the shells to the plate.