TXi changes 2012 to present?

davemac

• Baller

Just curious as to whether there are any significant changes between the few model years of the TXi ??

I've got two unsolicited people inquiring to buy my boat (03 Rlxi 550hrs)... even though its not for sale. I probably won't do anything, but if I do, I need something to balance skiing and family time/cruising on lake.

Thanks.

• Baller

"Wow" regarding switch to PCM, that's amazing. Wonder if they are going with the RH prop and PP trans or are they doing 1:1?

As for changes in the model years, we get a brand new one every year and they've been 100% identical as far as I can tell.

• Baller_

@davemac: I would certainly post on TheMalibuCrew website for additional feedback.

Don't forget that Malibu has a relationship with GM and produces a Corvette boat on occasion thus keeping a link via GM engines is probably important particularly with Indmar going the Ford engine route.

• Baller

I'm not seeing a whole lot of changes. The outward ones I see include...

1. Engine - Ok, this is a big one. :)

2. More cup holders up front. The CFO would like the cup holders up by the pylon. She misses them from the '04 RLXi.

3. Cup holder move in back. I'm guessing the engine takes up a bit more space and they couldn't fit the cup holders into the engine cover???

4. Slight graphics change.

5. Looks like a different bow light.

6. New steering wheel.

7. Not sure what that knob is below the MTC. Perhaps just a subwoofer control?

@mlange‌ I think that the engine cover configuration had to change due to the PCM layout. I can't understand why else they would put them on the floor like that.

I like the new steering wheel much better than the 12-14. I think you're right on the knob...subwoofer control.

@mlange‌ Did they change the steering wheel such that it has more than one connection point? And did they change the shifter? We have a '14 where the little black plastic cap keeps ejecting if not held in place.