Vibration coming out of the hole

Rico226

I have a 09 Ski Nautique 196. It vibrates when pulling up heavier skiers (170 lbs +). It goes away after the initial get up, but it is considerably noticeable. It is weird, as there is no vibration when normal throttling the boat to plane or when pulling up the wifey at 125 lbs. I assume the prop is the first place to start and have it reconditioned or could it be something else ? Anyone had this issue before ?

• Baller

I'd be more inclined to think the driveshaft is warped or the coupler between the driveshaft and tranny is loose. Yes, the vibrations are more noticeable during heavy torque but my prop needs some serious tuning up (aka I can see damage) and I don't notice vibrations during take off with heavy people or when carrying 6-7 people in my boat and pulling someone up.

I'd also visually check the engine and tranny mounts to see if anything looks loose.

No visual damage to prop, will have the other items checked, trying to make it to fall before putting it in a shop or sending the prop off, @rico vibrates no matter if pulling up straight or into a turn around island

• Baller
Rico, if the boat is out of the water, can you easily turn the prop? It should be a little hard to turn if there is no water running through the strut. I don't know if there is a definitive test for this, just know they are harder to turn than you would think without water...