Ski tips requested- video included

Rivvy

• Baller

I will be the first to admit this doesn't look pretty. It looks like I am too far forward. I really felt the free from the boat theory and did not do well with it. After looking at the video I think I better work on -22 way more before going after -28. Do you agree? Or maybe I should slow way down at -28 until I get it and gradually get back to 34 mph? I routinely run -22's but probably not with proper technique. It seems as if -28 is where the rubber meets the road. I'm skiing at 34 mph and am on a 2012 prophecy.

• Baller

Its hard to see the specifics of your technique because the camera is zoomed out, but 2 things are obvious without close up views.

1- you need to work on your body position out of the turn and behind the boat. Your hips are trailing and you are losing the leverage war with the boat. Do whatever it takes to get your hips up...arch the small of your back, pinch a penny with your butt cheeks, etc.

2- You are skiing very late and narrow. It works at 15 and 22, but to ski 28 and shorter consistently, you need to create more space before the buoy. Get wider/higher up on the boat, at your pullout and in the course. The rope should be touching the tower frame. On your 28's, it was halfway to the stern.

In a nutshell, start wider to get better angle and to create space. Work on a better stacked position to hold the better angle you are creating. Good luck and have fun!