US Gear - 3 months and still no rope

Bbrandau

• Baller
Any idea how to get an answer from US Gear? I've tried their customer service email as well as sending an email to Randy's personal email address. I haven't heard anything since the order was placed on June 26. He has my money and I have no rope!

• Baller

Anyone have a good way to get in touch with Ron goodman? He has $1100 that I spent on skis in April and I have no skis and he hasn't responded to an email since June despite sending a number of them.

Admittedly off topic but still a problem for a college ski team.

• Baller
Ron is historically hit or miss when it comes to responsiveness. I appear to be fortunate but I ordered skis in the fall for Christmas delivery and I got them in time. Eventually people seem to get their skis but his customer service can be sketchy particularly during the summer. It is too bad because he makes great jumpers and they are a comparatively good value for jumpers.

• Baller
Thanks for the contact info all, the skis where a blemish pair which led to a $500 discount. It may be worth the road trip to get them. They were for the Iowa ski team, we fundraiser for them since our skis are over a decade old and we were starting to worry about skier safety and the first tourney is 9/6-7

• Baller
@RazorRoss3‌ if you are one of the top jumpers in the country, Ron will jump (pun) thru hoops for you. That has been common knowledge for MANY years. I am happy other options are available even if they are more costly. I had a similar experience many years ago. The difference was I never paid for them up front. I bet if your name was Sam instead of Ross you would have your skis. Not really sure it is a good business model but it works for him I guess. Good luck on your season. I hope your team gets jump skis before nationals. Keep us posted. Maybe peer pressure will make a difference.

• Baller

Brenda made me a Donkey D!cK Diameter Radius handle which I prefer Greatly over the US Gear Pro V I had been using. Much grippier, and much softer on the hands. +1 for Brenda at In Tow.

My Next Purchase will be Masterline with the new curved end handles... as soon as they have larger Diameters available.

• Baller

@bassfooter my lead time now is Friday next week, I have a relative coming from Canada through LA airport for 4 hours and want her to bring it home to Aus with her. An expensive handle will be a very expensive handle if it isn't delivered on time.

I know it will be worth it when I finally get it though. Didn't even bother with US Gear once Masterline revealed they would be making them. Also emailed Brenda about her new soon to be in production handles and she was great also.

• Baller
@efw, i wouldn't mind if you posted them. I like her handles and ropes--not much concerned whether she is nuts or not. If I used that logic, 95% of the people on Ball of Spray wouldn't deal with each other---we are all whack nuts! If your friend bails, you can buy your CBG from me. (Crazy Brenda Gear)

• Baller

@Than_Bogan‌ in your case, you truly are crazy! Here is proof. Now that I said that, you will start creating some formula to either prove or disprove my statement. Then, will work in a tolerance of how often my statement is accurate, and you will then figure out variables where my statement doesn't apply. Finally you will put the whole damn theory in an algebraic formula to back up your hypothesis........like I said, crazy!!!

I am beginning to think the only sane ones here are peeps like @SkiJay‌ who went 200 mph on thin rubber tires....just because he could!