What is your "participation" in skiing?

LeonL

• Baller
I skied more tournaments than normal this year because regionals and nationals were within driving distance for me (17 long hours to San Marcos) so I attended both. Normally I ski about 4, but I think I am up to 8 this year, but several are 2 day, 2 separate tournaments at the same site. The downside is we have a beautiful lake, and I have spent more weekends on the road this summer than I have on my home lake. It's been fun though. Next year I'll probably keep it to 6 (depending on the outcome of my upcoming spinal fusion).

• Baller
Always plan to ski more tourneys than I do. I'll have two all summer this year, both at my home lake. Ski 4-5 days per week, usually one set per day sometimes two on weekends. Would ski more if I could keep myself from falling apart. I can't agree however that my "participation in skiing" is measured solely by the number of tourneys I ski. I live on a lake, I ski my boys several days a week, I teach their friends to ski, I drive for my neighbors, their kids, do my best to coach up all the kids when I get the chance,I try to be an ambassador for the sport, etc. I do it because I love it. Despite my tourney count, my participation in the sport is in the "all in" category.

• Baller
@Texas6, your comments are what I wanted in the "other than above" in the poll. I wanted to hear about other involvement. This, in my mind, further defines the other thread about "increasing participation."

Still ski 3-5 times per week, bu haven't skied a tournament in 3 years. We only have 1 non-collegiate tournament on our lake each year, and I don't want to waste my time & money traveling out of state to other tournaments. I can get a lot more skiing in by staying home and skiing on my own lake.