I got some new decals

Cusefan78

• Baller_

What year ts6m? Any other pics? Loved my '87. 28off and beyond, nothing was better. Would probably still have it if the bubble back MasterEdition 196 had not come along at the right time at the right price. Great job on the decals.!! Great thing about that hull design, even all the way back to '84, is they look modern with the turned down nose angled windshield and the sloped back..with a rear ski trunk/locker. Now think of any other inboard from the 80s that looked anything like that. They were sooo far ahead of anything else inside the boat and out. Seems like everyone else was just playing catchup for a decade incorperating things that we see now as standard. kxcsxpf00wkq.jpg

@wish I have 96 labrisa with the gt40 proboss. The good one with the individual intakes on it. The motor is a beast. A labrisa was an open bow comp with a little taller freeboard and same hall. Love that boat. Your comp has a great color scheme never seen that combo. Love it.

• Baller
Our first DD was an 87 and I still think it had one of the best wakes I have ever skied behind. It's too bad Skiers Choice has pretty much all but dropped right out of the DD 3 event boat all together. I think they even put the mold for the Outback away and are only doing DD by order only.

I herd a rumor that they were coming out with a new comp. I have to agree though. I ski behind my boat a buddies comp and a friends new mastercraft and I would take a supra any day over a mastercraft. I know I may be a little biased. I will say a buddy has a 92 nautique and it's unbelievable. Pretty sure it's a 92. I really can't believe how supra has dropped the skiers like they have and only make huge surf boarding boats now. I understand moomba is still doing a kind of ski boat but for a purest they aren't supras. Once again I'm biased cause I love supras

• Baller_

Actually got to drive and ski behind the last comp model made. Like 2005 or something. They dropped the ts6m name. Comp LTS. All I can say is it is really to bad they stopped. Agree with WSM... http://www.waterskimag.com/ski-boats/2004/12/27/supra-2005-comp-lts/

I believe most if not all model years could not be used in a sanctioned tournaments based on the adjustable wake plate that started in 1984 and continued on the model till 2005

@Cusefan78‌ That's not mine. That is just a photo off the internet that shows a really good shot of the profile and how the lines on all the ts6ms looked sitting in the water. Sleak! What did a MC or SN look like in 1984? Boring. Really boring.

Here is a link to mine or was mine. It was a rare Celebrity Edition. Gold metal flake and all plus no ugly rainbow strip on the inside. Heard under 50 were made like this. Original invoice in 1987 was $25,434.00. They really did price themselves right outa business. I still get calls. Probably should take that add down since it sold in 2004. Ooooops. I put over 1200hours on that boat had it for 12yrs and kept it in such good shape that it sold for only 1k less then I bought it for. That would have never happened with the lines of a MC or SN of the same age sold in 2004. Heck, they still get uper 7s for ones in good shape.

http://boatsville.com/boats/FL/Sanford/SUPRA/7739

That old hull with a tweak or two and a stripped down model with modern engine and ZO would make a great, low cost option for clubs similar to the CP. Just sayn...

• Baller_
@Zman‌ Cool!! @foxriverat‌ there was an article in WSM not to long ago that ran a list of the best slalom tugs to buy used. The few I remember were the SN 196 1997-2001 hulls. The MC 1992-94 and the Supra ts6m..and this what I find telling 1984-1989. Nothing like going back almost a decade to find a comparable boat. Call them what you will..the Supra ts6m line really had something special.

• Baller
I think I was 14 when my parents took delivery of our 89. Of course it was the signature teal and raspberry color combo because, well it was 1989! I ran that boat constantly from my 16th birthday. Unbelievable ski boat at the time. Finally sold her in 06 after picking up a 197 promo in 05. Unfortunately, at that point her wood was starting to be an issue. I miss that sound but I'm not sure our neighbors do.

• Baller_
@6balls‌ I saw that. Now you tell me..with all that was done to that boat, with that look, and performance what else out there even comes close to that in value. Who ever gets that boat will be extremely happy and would be getting one hell of a deal. The only caution I would give is to check, and then double check, the floor, pylon mounts and motor mounts. If those are solid, slap a used PP on it and will have great slalom tug for half of what you would pay to get that modern look and performance...period. Just sitting still in the water it looks cool.

• Baller

From that CL ad, sounds like something was leaking with all of the gaskets that were replaced and the fact that he stuck Seal Stop in the transmission. But they are running too thin 10w30 Royal Purple in a 23 year old motor, so it probably leaked like a sieve.

It doesn't say he replaced the floor and carpet though, it says he replaced the bunk wood and carpet (trailer)

• Baller_
FWIW I did replace the wood floor in mine with a composite floor. The stringers were fine. Motor mounts were good as well as the pylon mounts. They did (at least in 87) fill between the stringers with foam. If it's wet, it would need replacing or given a great deal of time to dry out with the floor off. I'd ask any seller if he replaced the floor what he did about the wet foam.