Mapple T series news?

Than_Bogan

• Baller
Going to measure mine this week. Will report back. What I can say is that in rough water (bad wind direction) on our public lake course this morning, the ski is extremely stable. I've never ridden a ski that just sits in the water through chop the way the T2 does.

• Baller
@Dirt that was tips. I will recheck it - it was late and somewhat dark in the house so I suppose I could have screwed it up. It wasn't always clear what Andy was adjusting for - I should have asked. The final adjustment (DFT I think) was to keep the ski under me on the onside. He wanted to move the binding forward but there was no room to do it on my Strada binding.

• Baller_
If you look at the difference in the side by side shot of me on S2 vs T1 in the review thread....there is a difference. I have no doubt they are on to something with this design. I will bet it will get better with further development.

• Baller
The more I ski it the more I like it. In rougher water it is the most amazing ski ever. In calm water it is unbelievable. The ski literally lets me choose how I want to run the pass, and responds appropriately to whatever input I give (I am on the T2). Perhaps the most fun part of the ski is when I actually get aggressive at the turn. Previously skis would stop when I stomped them, then take off out of the hole. This one never stops. Turn it hard and it just runs like it is on a rail! Fantastic.

• Baller_
That's just it. I don't think one boot system is better over another, nor do I think one like hard shells is bad. My hard shells are extreme in cuff stiffness and hight up on the leg. A great deal of what I do above the ski gets transmitted to the ski both good and bad. Probably not a very forgiving boot system at all. The T1 and T2 dampined some of this over input and is probably why @Razorskier1‌ feels what he feels in ruff water and why he's able to push on the ski without negative consequences. I believe it's do to the fact that the tip of the ski (perhaps tail) can flex more then a standard high end skis allowing the ski to maintain better water contact in the right place at the right time and the right attitude. You may change skier things above the ski but the skis attitude is not changed as much as other high end skis do...it's almost weird to experience....my 2 cents.

I'm on Fogmans (T2) and I saw many people on T1 and T2 with various plates and all sorts of combinations. Most of them took T1 or T2 home. So the TORQUE® slot does it's job anyway. There should be no issues with OB4 either, it's a very thin plate. Not sure about drilling the release units directly into the ski - you may want to talk to Andy about that.

• Supporting Member
Probably should be asking Mapple Co. directly on this, but in case anybody knows: Can they drill the various hole patterns needed for pin systems such as Fogman, Connelly, OB4? While Dual-Lock is an option for OB4 (and one that I am using on my N1!), with that slot there it would be much easier to just use screws.

• Baller
FYI, the OB4 mounting plate matches the entire HO EXO hole pattern, and with the exception of the spring housing slots, the OB4 plate matches the regular binding mounting pattern of HO, D3, and Connelly. And 3M auto trim tape can be used to hold the spring housing part of the OB4 plate without screws.

Mike's Overall Binding

USA Water Ski  Senior Judge   Senior Driver   Senior Tech Controller

• Baller_

We do not have inserts into the ski for the fogman plates, you would need the adapter plate, drilling directly into the ski would void any warranty, and we do not recommend this.

we do have several people who use velcro on the ski with out the plate as well.

if you have any questions feel free to email me a mike@mappleskis.com or info@mappleskis.com

Performance Ski and Surf 

Mike@perfski.com

👾