94 ski brendella

03lightning

So I've been patiently looking for a older tow rig and ran up on a 94 brendella for a decent price. I've never skied behind one before just wondering how's the wake (not that it matters I could ski behind a barge right now and it wouldn't change my poor skiing), do they have wood runners etc.. Any info from you guys would be awesome thanks !!

• Baller_
@foxrivert that is a great tool. How did you look that up like that?. That would be a great recourse for anyone buyer looking at boats from 2000 on back as WSM actually reviewed them. And the early 90s issues would certainly give the low down on construction materials like wood or composite stingers/floors...a must know for any purchaser.

• Baller_
@03lightning‌ Whats it? You mean the CL add? If so, 9k is a bit high in price. Checkout @foxriverat‌ link. Best resource. Wood stringers not great but through bolt mounting for motor and pylon is better then lag bolts. Everything else is composite.

@wish , yeah I was refering to the CL ad, i thought 9k was kinda steep also especially since I can get a 88-93 MC for around the same or cheaper if I'm patient. I'm gonna try it out tomorrow if the weather is good and offer 6500 , not really sold on the boat so it will have to be in pretty good shape. Thanks for the links though and the time spent looking them up for me :)

• Baller
Wood well cared for not a big deal. No rot in my '91 Centurion...but she's lived a very well cared for life. I know one other guy same boat one year older...rotten. Can't let just the gel fool you, either, his exterior gel coat looks fantastic (not as nice as mine...but close!)

• Baller

The problem with the early Supra boats (and maybe others) is the exhaust pipes ran under the floor and outside the stringers. Water would eventually leak around the exhaust pipe protrusion through the transom. Then this water would be forever trapped in the partially foam filled dead space under the floor. No matter how good you took care of your boat - wax, polish and clean all you wanted - the stringers we rotting away, as well as other wood parts.

- My 98 Supra had no wood anywhere.

• Baller

My 96 supra ts6m is all fiberglass. But I often wonder how much foam is in there. And if its soaked. Weighing the boat down. At the end of the year when I winterize. I suck all the water out of bilge area. Which is right above the area of the hull that drops down in front of tracking fins. A screw hole from old bilge would keep letting water back into area after I sucked it all out. So I drilled out the hole big enough to attach a tube to the shop vac and suck it out from that lower area. And put a plug in it. At the end year its filled with water.k5wl6osaela0.jpg

The brendella would have the exhaust inside the stringers not outside of them. The 94 should have the lifetime stringer guarantee even if they are wood. That being said you can find a much better tug for that price. I have a 94 centurion that is showroom quality and it is not worth that much in my opinion. For $10,000 you can find a lot of all fiberglass tugs out there.