Neoprene Dry Suit

OldboyII

• Baller

Colleagues!

Thinking about Neoprene Dry Suit.

Like this - http://www.mysticboarding.com/products/mens-waterwear-113/drysuits/vulcanic/#kleur_0f89ca

Or like this - http://www.ion-products.com/water/men/wetsuits/fuse/drysuit-43-dl/

Look very attractive and need less thermal layers beneath.

Are they too heavy for skiing? Does anyone use neo drysuit?

• Baller

@skibug disagree...owned 2 of them. Without the accessory ankle straps that I lose I get spray up to my waist inside the suit on my offside. After a short time, both legs are leaky at seams and in other locations as well as small chunks of neoprene disappear for reasons unclear to me...comfy, low drag but I call 'em damp suits. Others seem to have better luck but I have not.

I did and do like my Oneill Boost baggy as it's a less drag baggy and 100% dry. Going to try the inversion to see if I can get low wetsuit drag while staying truly dry.

• Baller
I disagree also, my Assault kept me more wet than dry. Granted, I have small ankles and wrists. But still, not optimal. I'd give the suit @MS recommends a shot. Looks like the right combo of thickness to mobility, plus a non baggy lower half

• Baller

@texas6 totally understand. It wasn't like I was ever cold in an assault, just wet. Call it what it is...but "dry" it was not over two suits I purchased new. My BI suit...dry as a bone but seals so tight it's tough to get on/off, tons of air drag, and my head wants to explode with my neck in that seal. The oneill boost is pretty nice as a baggy. Neoprene neck so comfy, latex ankles and wrists so dry, farmer john straps inside which help fit greatly. Best baggy I have had but I'd really like to have my cake and eat it, too...meaning neo or hybrid drag profile but stay not just warm but dry.

@thager when I sweat in a dry in spring...I break out the shorty for summer.