Palm Springs Waterski

OKSkier

• Baller

@OKSkier‌ That's a tough time of year here in Mecca (near PS). Highs are probably only in the 70s or 80s F. Water barely 60. Dead calm. Horrible mid winter conditions.

We do get storms that time so you could get skunked. Also the days are very short so that nice window for skiing can be only a couple runs long. It gets unpleasantly cold at night.

For us, skiing is considered relatively crappy. Plus Tahoe usually has good snow by then. My parents are in Norcal so I will be out of town during that time. My lakes are normally very quiet then as well. I'll check but I doubt that I can set something up. Apologies. We really are spoiled.

Shadow has houses on the lake. Boats don't get winterized so a nice day might see some activity. The quarry in Corona isn't too far and might be a bit busy. San Diego is quite a ways away but will have someone skiing if the weather is tolerable with the best mid winter conditions in Socal.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Springtime?

Eric

• Baller
Thanks very much fella's (eleeski and colebrah). Appreciate your input very much. We up here in Canada ski 10-11 months of the year - getting a little cold now 35-40 air and 50 water. May not ski as much during winter months. Doing a short family vacation in mid December so I just thought it might work out. Thanks again for your time in responding. Cheers.

• Baller
@eleeski Damn, I wish I could have your type of rough conditions!!! Starting in november, water temp will be in the 40's and air temp will be in the 40's and 50's. Our only panic is the lake freezing over. We follow the 80 degree rule (90 degree rule for @scotchipman) add the lake and air temp and if it is 80 degrees or more, I will ski!!! Nothing quite like winterizing your boat on the ramp as you pull it out of the water. I HAVE GOT TO MOVE SOMEWHERE WARM. I am about to go into a huge case of Post Tramatic Ski Disorder!!!!! Please spring get here fast!!!

• Baller

@OKSkier‌ Imperial is 2 1/2 from Palm Springs. Full of Canadians like Dave Miller and Roscoe Jones. Good fun people. Perfect conditions. You might get to demo the latest Goodes with them.

@Colebrah‌ (I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of the right guy - wonderful kid) is a great guy too - worth the drive to Bako. Weather a bit edgier than the low desert. But never anything but liquid!

Eric