Skiing in Cancun

slvrbulit

• Baller
Never been able to as it was fae easier and more fun to ski with @pq2. However if you do a thread search for Cancun you will find several references to @pq2 and his support of fellow ballers down there. I have not seen him post in a while but if he is still skiing I am sure he will chime in. I may have to go down to Club Med since they have skiing right at the resort.

Hello,

I have been in Cancun 6 times during the last 4 years. August, April and December.

So I really know about skiing in Cancun.

If you are a beginner skier, Club Med is very fine unless during French vacation where you have to wait quiet a long time before skiing.

I you are a "slalom beginner" you can ski with club med, they have a specific schedule for slalom every morning from 8 to 9. But the boats do not have any perfect pass or Zero off. And the course is wrong and you can not sink after the 6 buoys, only after 2 times 6 buoys.

And there is no coaching at all.

Last August, I was the best club med skier and I was skiing better that the 4 ski GO's. They are very friendly but are not good coachs. (I ski 22 off at 34, so you see I am not good....)

If you are a good skier and if you want to ski in perfect conditions, go with Scott.

Some will tell you that he is an alcoholic and that he never shows up, this is not true.

He is sometime late, for sure.

But my wife and I have done 6 times 2 weeks of slalom ski with him. 3 times 6 passes a day.

And we had great coaching, great service and very good feeling, he is a very nice guy.

He has 2 courses just outside club med depending on the wind.

The water is most of the time flat like my swimming pool.

His boat is not new but works great and you can take your time between the passes, he picks you up at club med if you are staying there and Scott is very friendly.

If you want some more info, you can contact me of course.

Go with Scott but be sure to call him before to let him know you go to Cancun just for him....

Have a good day.

Nicolas, from France.

should I say

If you are a beginner skier, Club Med is very fine UNLESS during French vacation where you have to wait quiet a long time before skiing.

OR

If you are a beginner skier, Club Med is very fine EXCEPT during French vacation where you have to wait quiet a long time before skiing.

Thank you....

Let me know if anyone comes to cancun, I will be happy taking you guys to ski as much as I can. My only problem is that I need to work also but I will do my best to scape a few times.

@slvrbulit‌ I will see you in January.

@colo_skier‌ are you coming soon? Let me know.

@desmonipoux let me know next time you are here in Cancun. Agree with you that Scott is a great guy.

Imanol

• Supporting Member

Hi:

I skied with Scott about 10 yrs ago. Met him at his ski site. He was on time, and was very patient with the beginner kids and other adult. I was and still am a "beginner" course skier. He had great instruction for everyone.

He was also ready from a "first aid" standpoint. One of the kids while getting on a ski cut his calf across a sunken bouy marker (most are marked/known). He was on it with a bacterial infection bottle and bandages.

At that time he had a Barefoot Mastercraft for skiing and I think a Supra for Wakeboarders.

A personal invitation from @pq2 sounds awesome.

Hope this helps.

Tom