Check out this ski design

ozski

• Baller

KD Platinum??? The University of Iowa ski team was sponsored by KD back in the day when I skied for them. I was "EP" rated and we got skis/gear at "EP" prices. At the time we could get the best of the best with bindings and a bag for $350. I loved being the order guy and getting to "un-box" all the new skis for team members.

I had a good relationship with the woman in sales and after I graduated I continued to get very good deals on skis through her (Jeanna)...through the CR7 and up to the Platinum...which originally came out with a balsa wood core. Two of those snapped between the bindings, and at some point Denny started D3. The Platinum went PVC core and KD moved to international sales only and eventually I lost touch with Jeanna.

The Platinum is a very old design if unchanged...I can tell you the top surface in the video is the same shape as my ski was back in the day...hope the bottom and construction has changed or it's a very old ski.

• Administrators

KD has been selling that ski downunder for a while. This is not a new thing.

Australia is actually a surprisingly important market for the manufactures.

• Baller
at 43 seconds in you get a clear look at the tail of the ski and it has a very interesting top bevel that i have never seen on other skis. its sort of a hybrid slalom / trick ski kind of edge and the way i read steve schnitzers test results of beveling a skis top edge i bet that tail rides deep in the turn like nothing else.

• Administrators

I hate to be a wet blanket but that tail design is over 10 years old AND the mid range HOs use a clean edge design.

From the video it really looks like the same Platinum as 10+ years ago.