Mainlines

bowty

• Baller
What would be a good mainline to buy for use next season? Last summer was my first season so I don't need the latest and greatest in rope technologies, just something that will get the job done. I was reading through some past threads and saw a lot of In-Tow and ML ropes used, but what about the Radar Vapor/Strada ropes for $50?

• Baller
Stick with In-Tow or ML. I found a Radar Strada rope on clearance last year and tried it. The loops were to small on the handle end and the rope twisted bad. I will stick with the name brand ropes. You don't need the ML Pro Series. Just starting out, the Performance Series should do just fine.

• Baller
In-Tow is the best. Brenda's loops fit over the ball of the pylon perfectly without having to mess with making the loop bigger. I had one of the knotless Masterline ropes and it began to twist and fray within 2 weeks. I emailed pictures to Russell to request warranty replacement and was told by him that I was using it on the wrong kind of boat (we have a Nautique) and then was told that I must of been putting it on the pylon wrong (yea, rocket science). We had to buy a new rope (In-Tow) after only a 1/2 season of use on the Masterline.

• Administrators
@sunperch I believe that you are unhappy with MasterLine but I have to say Russell makes an extremely high quality product. Your narrative does not really make a lot of sense.

• Baller
@Horton‌ I agree, him telling me that my new slalom rope twisting and fraying was user error did not make sense to me either. Seriously, he told me that I was using my rope on the wrong kind of boat and then after I told him it was a Nautique, he replied that I must be attaching it incorrectly.

• Baller
I think MasterLine makes good products but I have had issues with customer service from them in the past including from Russell directly. I continue to buy product from them because at times they are the best source but they could be better with common customers.

• Baller

I had a similar issue w/ ML on a new knotless where some "twisting/beehive funk" formed in 3 sections of the rope. Called and sent pix, and they promptly sent replacements for those three sections. Customer Service was great.

I will probably go back to their regular Dlx mainline next time around.