Interesting decision about Drones!!!

Chris Taylor

• Baller_

You can get paid...just in cash and not claiming it on taxes but I'm sure no one wants to avoid paying taxes as it's our civic duty and goes to such good causes.... dripping sarcasm.

Was just a matter of time before this happened. My neighbor (young 20 something) has been building a rather large one capable of stupid distances and being so close to an airport with a flight school (lots of little planes flying not so high) I can see that being a huge issue.

Is there a clear distinction between dones and small (some get up to 7+ feet) remote control airplanes?

Thats what we were disusing at work..... However I thought you had to notify the airport when flying those large models. I guess it will all depend on i something happens, since the FAA fined the guy $10000 for reckless operation. Its funny how the FAA likes to interrupt their own rules differently to suit their needs.

• Administrators

Back when I was doing amature rocketry I am pretty sure we did some things the FAA would have frowned on.

We cleaned evidence and when home in a hurry once because we saw the airliner right after we pressed the launch button. meh no proof all these years later.

• Baller
We had a local real estate company make the news last week after unwittingly putting up some photo's of a house they were selling that included a g-string clad woman sunbaking in the privacy of her backyard. Bit of an uproar to say the least. Not sure about drones...though they do make an awesome waterski movie!

• Baller_

@‌ Wish "Is there a clear distinction between dones and small (some get up to 7+ feet) remote control airplanes? " That is a very good question.

@Rockdog please provide a link to the real estate ad. I think I might just want to buy in your community...

@Than_ Bogan @Rockdog I am sure Than was thinking of Rockdog's then anticipated post and meant to say that drones could be used for "assignations."

Lpskier

• Baller
At our cottage on the St. Clair River in Michigan, there was a young high school lad that started a business taking drone video's for parties & weddings (he did one of our July 4th Champagne breakfast). He also started taking video's of the lake freighters for some of his customers. In seems that his drone flying around and above the freighters spooked a few the captains and they called the Coast Guard. They tracked him down and shut down his business. Probably scared the crap out of the 14 year old and his family when they knocked on that door!!!!