Site Software question - Please answer this poll

Horton

• Baller
I regularly use Chrome on PC at work, always good. I regularly use ipad at home and did have probs for a period a while back but clearing the cache and history fixed that. Recently had trouble on my Android phone, just gave up and was ok next time I used it.

Hi there!

I'm not sure if the question is Software or Hardware? As you mention both?

Anyways Chrome Software on both Mac And PC Lenovo hardwares and never had any troube appart from my login not being remembered sometimes, so I have to log back in but no real trouble.

• Baller
For a few days I could not sign in on my iPad, so I was just using my windiows pc. I figured i would try to use Facebook login,,which worked on my iPad, but it reset my ID to my FB name, but kept all my history. that is why I am now using A_B. Don't use FB if you have a different login here...

• Baller

Never had any issues signing in with IE 11 and whatever version my WP8.1 phone is running.

Only issue I have is that I've never been able to upload a picture, it just doesn't do anything once you have selected the file. So I wind up loading them somewhere else and linking them.

• Baller

But also Apple and have had problems signing in

Went with the Microsoft answer as I use it most, but use Apple for mobility.

No issues with IE, with Firefox always have to go change the cookie settings to take the password.

With my iPad there have been on again off again issues with logging in.

Once in, site seems to work just fine. I don't log in a lot unless I am going to post though.

• Baller
I usually use my galaxy s5 not my laptop. It has issues sometimes with login have to login every time I refresh the page. For awhile it would take me to an old page all the time then have to refresh to see new threads. When I say old I mean months old. Haven't had that problem in awhile.

• Baller

Apple + Chrome browser.

Like Than, one odd issue I've had is when I go back to the main discussion forum it delivers a totally outdated view of the threads, forcing a refresh. It's not a local caching or cookie issue. So it's read thread > back > refresh to get the latest threads up top like they should be. When this occurs the site also acts like I'm anonymous until I refresh.

On my laptop I use IE and have no problems signing in and the login stays persistent between sessions. On my iPhone I can log in without a problem but anytime I close Safari or I go from one wireless network to another (or from wireless to cell or the opposite) I am forced to resign in using Safari on the iPhone. On my iPad (same iOS as the iPhone), I cannot sign in using my user name and password at all.

SInce I use my iPhone more than anything to sign in, I guess that makes me 20 (+/-) unique users every day.

So I chose the "worst case" answer in the poll.

• Administrators

Ok now Apple people only...

When you have problems logging in what exactly happens?

Is it like this you put in your user and pass word => click "Sign In" and then nothing happens?

Is this only with Safari or also with a Chrome browser on Apple?

My experience is or same as @matthew and @Brady‌. On my iPhone I have to log in every time I look at the site. On the iPad it's exactly what you describe -

Is it like this you put in your user and pass word => click "Sign In" and then nothing happens?

• Baller

iPhone only. I always leave the forum page as an open tab in safari and always stay signed in.

Using the 'back' button on the browser to leave a thread seems to sign me out and/or not update the list of read threads, but using the 'home' button at the top of the page works all the time (and will actually sign me back in after using the back button has kicked me out!)

Works for me!