Nano One XT size advice???

jbwann

• Baller

I am 6ft 180 lbs and have a 66 RFF XT. This summer I made a bit of a jump and was able to run quite a few more 32's (maybe 30-40 this year vs 5-10 times last year). I have heard that the shape of the 65.25" is better for short line on that ski. Is that small length difference critical?? I am considering selling my 66" ski to buy the 65.25" but it just seems so minute. I just want to run 35 off darnit ha ha ha. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. And if anyone has an opinion on the XTT vs the XT i'd love to hear it as well. Thanks!

• Baller

I have a different experience. I am 185 lbs and 6'3". I have a 66" and a 66.75" ski. Both good flex and rocker numbers. I can run equal buoys on both skis, but the 66.75 feels easier to me. I don't tend to over turn the longer ski I guess? I tried the bigger ski after a recommendation of a guy that runs deep 41' OFF. I am running 38' OFF in practice and posted a few 4 and 5 ball @ 38' OFF in tournaments this year. I did not ski on the 66" much this summer as it was adopted by my wife......... We both find the little longer ski an asset.

If I were you, I would order a 66.75" and try it. You can always send it back. If you think it is wrong, then return it and get a 65.25" Since you have the 66" you could really do a comparison and get the right ski for you.

If you are still skiing, now is a GREAT time to try one. They have a Christmas offer for a set of carbon series snow skis for $99 when you buy a new XT! If you like the 66.75" you can send me the snow skis.............. CARBON 116 in the longer size please......... JK!

• Members
Pretty much stock, bindings 29.0625, fin .705, 2.500, 6.75. But the crazy thing for me is wing at 9.5, I took my wing off 15 or more years ago when skiing with B LaPoint at a clinic, said wasn't needed until 35 off, and he was right when skiing good I could run 35 without it, have never used one until the Nano, and now will not remove it, I finally agree with MS.

• Members
You sir are correct when it comes to the Nano's, I skied the 9100, 9200, 9500, 9700 and the twist I got from you without, do not remember much of the 9500 but I liked the others. I love the XT. Trying to remember, did you use wing on the twist?