How do you rate against all other 55K skiers in the world?

Horton

• Administrators

The ranking is done from a a sum of the highest scores at an E,L or R event. (IWWF Data). I only took scores of 38 off or shorter to keep the data set manageable.

Version #2

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rRECHpIVE9WttcFL6rpScYqMxe2voxUCZkI8CKCSGhA/edit?usp=sharing

• Administrators
@rico in the last 3-4 years you have improved more than any other adult skier I know. I am counting the days till you beat me so I have a reason to really start cheating.

• Baller

242 ....... not bad for my first year skiing AWSA......... Need to catch up and pass @OB‌ though....... @richarddoane‌ is pretty far ahead....... need to run 38 more than in practice I guess to catch him.

How does this list work? I only skied 2 record events, C events are just closer to where I live I guess..... Big Dawg Seattle was a record event right? How does that list work.

• Administrators

@GOODESkier‌ the real purpose of what I am working on is a better elite list. The 55k list uses the same rules (for this part of the calc).

Much like the USAWS ranking list I take 3 scores per skier. On the USAWS list they return an average and deduct a % if you have less than 3 scores.

My list is simpler but sucks for you. I took all ELR scores at 38 or shorter / found the top 3 per skier / added the scores and sorted on the sum. So if you only have 1 or 2 ELR scores your ranking score will be pretty far below your skiing level.

I may or may not tweak on it more. The current data is missing scores into 43. It looks to not impact the rankings but i will get it right and republish.

Now that I have worked out the process I might extend the list down further to pick up scores a longer line lengths. The source data is 40,000 lines long so I have to keep it manageable.

• Administrators

@Razorskier1‌ honestly there is no reason to pay for an ELR. This list mostly exists because the data was available & because I think it is kind of fun.

The upside is its course the expectation that driving and officiating is of a higher caliber. There are no guarantees.

• Baller
An AWSA Rules Amendment Form has been submitted to make entry on the Elite Rankings list possible only through ELR scores. As I understand it, this would put it back in line with how it was prior to the rankings list, back in the EP days. This doesn't necessarily mean the C scores won't count, but ELR scores required to enter/stay on the list. How the rules committee actually implements the rule is TBD, but it has received strong support so far.