Another Florida question

HPskier1

• Administrators
@philip hughes‌ sometimes has houses for rent by the week on a ski lake. he does not technically run a ski school but if he's in the boat coaching you I highly recommend you listen

• Baller_
LaPoint Ski Park is about 15 minutes up I 4 from Epcot. $30 for an uncoached set. I don't know about you, but paying for coaching during a three day trip mid-winter doesn't strike me as a good investment. You can ski two or three sets at LaPoints' for the cost of a single coached set elsewhere. On the other hand, if you would like coaching, that may be had as well. We are close to Performance (like within about two miles, tops), so getting a demo to ride is very easy, as is exchanging it for something else if you don't like your initial selection.

Lpskier

@HPskier1‌ I'm kind of in the same situation. I will be in Orlando next week and thought about taking the ski. The problem is due to living in Michigan I haven't skied since September and probably won't ski again until April. I have taken lessons in Florida from a number of great instructors; however, expecting to be able to learn after a long layoff and then being able to apply what was learned 3 months latter is NOT going to happen.

• Baller

I showed up at Rini's at few years back with a brand new ski and bindings after not having skied for two months. He just looked at me and said..........Really?

Needless to say I was a train wreck. Switched to my old bindings and things got a whole lot better.

• Baller
@countymountie‌ I'm not really looking for training, just for a few(probably bad) ski sets mid winter just because I can and hopefully wthin 60 days from then being back on the water here in Mo. Just for fun. Better than hanging out with my boss.