Alberta Ballers - where do you buy your skis?

pgmoore

• Baller

I'm considering a new ski for this upcoming season. Despite what is always strongly recommended, I've never tested a ski before purchasing. This year, I want to change that!

So, for those Ballers in Alberta - where do you buy your skis in this province? Ideally, I'd like to be able to demo a few skis from a shop and then buy the one that works best.

• Baller

When I still lived in Alberta I made a trip down to El Centro, California and bought a ski from Steve at Pacific Slalom. He let me ski it and he set it up for me while I was there. Steve is a great guy and very helpful.

I don't ski on the ski I purchased from him any more (HO A2) but still ski on an HO. Take a holiday and go for a ride! :)

Here is a link to his web site:

http://pacificslalom.com/

• Baller

Don't know if they are still involved with the shop, but Paul & Murray at HO Watersports (aka the board room) out of Vancouver were always my go-to guys. They were the western canadian distributers of HO, and were very involved and supportive of the tournament scene back a few years.

If mike @ Shuswap can't help you I'd try them.

Good luck.

• Baller

MIKE at Shuswap, he da man!

I've purchased my last 2 ski's from him plus all gear, very knowledgable and helpful when you need advice or returns or anything really. He also has the stuff there and not just a picture. Bought the ski before those from Seth at H2O and same as above, problem is the US dollar and I haven't been to OZ since.

BTW, I live in Ontario.

• Baller

@schafer‌ - yes, in Edmonton. I've never been to Wizard Lake Marine before, although my cousin bought a giant wake boat from there. More of a ship, really... :s

Wizard does have the benefit of being quite close to Shalom Park, where I mostly ski. So that's really nice!

How are they with setup, adjustments, etc. at Wizard?

• Baller

@skihard‌ - I would love to buy a ski from Ken. That would be a no-brainer for me! I wasn't aware that he ever sold skis and he certainly hasn't mentioned it lately. I'll have to specifically ask him for sure.

Do you remember what he used to sell?

• Baller

A big time +1 for Shuswap Ski & Board @pgmoore‌.

Not only do they maintain the biggest and best slalom-related inventory in the country, Mike is a slalom enthusiast himself and a big time supporter of slalom skiing in general. This is no small deal given how much bigger the wake market is. Support those who support our sport.

shuswapsnb.com/