Anyone need a parts boat?

oldjeep

• Baller
Looks like it. Bent platform brackets with shards of the platform still attached, damage right above the brackets and the wedge is missing. Too bad they don't have better pictures of the rear/bottom - looks to me like most of the force got transmitted through the wedge, based on the explosions/cracks on the corners and sides.

• Baller_

If it is an insurance salvage, the cost of the repairs must have exceeded the value of the boat. That tells me there are probably a lot of issues that were created beyond the point of impact.

Also, it didn't look like it had Zero Off.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_

The ZO on the Malibus is typically mounted in the right circular gauge location. The center portion is for Malibu cruise, as @Wish noted. The salvage boat has the original factory gauges in all instrument panel locations.

The center gauge also has various diagnostics and other information to scroll through.

• Baller_
@oldjeep, can you post a picture of that integrated ZO on the VTX showing the screen layout/icons they use? They haven't done that with the LX, LXi or the TXi that I have seen. I wonder why.

• Baller_
A towing company basically snapped my buddy's 2004 Gekko GTR in half just in front of the back seat when they lifted it incorrectly by the eye rings. We were all shocked when Progressive payed to fix it. Took them a month to do the repairs. They separated the top and bottem, cut out and reglassed big sections, reinforced areas, and gel coated to where it's almost impossible to see where the huge cracks were. Very high price tag that Progressive paid. And they picked the repair shop.

• Baller
I went and checked it out. It really wasn't that bad. I bid up to $20k and decided it wasn't for me. You have to pay sales tax plus broker fee as well. Not to mention it was full of snow. Rudder and underside was good. Somebody will probably come out ok on it.

• Baller
I was watching it pretty hard as well but really just didn't have the funding to go up as high as it went. Fiberglass work is really simple to me. Time consuming and messy, but a very straight forward job. I still would've been interested if the back was just hanging by a thread so if you guys see something like that where everything else is in great shape, post it up!