Next article

Luzz

• Baller

Hey BOS community!

First of all, I am truly overwhelmed with the positive reception my last article received.

As some of you know, I am a Sport Psychology Ph.D student here at Florida State and in the midst of research and applied work, I like to write about sport psychology topics related to water skiing.

However, for the next article I'll write on BOS, I'd like to write about something the community is really interested/curious about.

Please vote your favorite topic below and I will come up with an article soon.

Ski coach at Jolly Ski, Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (2023 Promo and others), Co-Organizer of the Jolly Clinics.

• Baller_

@Luzz, the best thing to write about is what you want to communicate to the skiing community. There is an extreme thirst for knowledge, and if you have a passion and can communicate it well, it will be received with enthusiasm.

So, as a suggestion, what do you think you can articulate that hasn't been disseminated yet? As an aspiring sports physiologist, the door is wide open!

If it was easy, they would call it Wakeboarding

• Baller_
I need something that improves confidence, removes any need for peer validation, eliminates doubt/anxiety, and allows my own enjoyment and relaxation while skiing to become the driving force for my actual performance in all settings (practice, instructional, tournament, recreational/free).

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller_
With so many skiers cross training in other sports or having kids/teens in other sports, the Self Talk would be a good one IMHO. And it certainly is something that is not addressed anywhere that I can see. Having a skier with access to this kind of information should be valuable.

• Baller
@Luzz I guess as an aid to start out with and see where it goes from there. Unfortunately there seems to be one or two of us Ballers that have some sort of on or off the water injury that will change how we ski and any type of positive help or feedback should be helpful.

Larry -----<|

• Baller
To me, self-talk is hugely important (as is resilience), but also not particularly water-skiing specific. There is plenty already out there. Elite vs. Novice - which you hinted about in your last article - involves a lot of skiing-specific application/choices... I'd love to get more discussion centered on that.

• Baller
Those are all great topics, from a pschology standpoint I would think that "resilience" or "elite vs novice" might be the most fun to write about but as a skier, an evaluation of the flow and sweet spot could be very insightful and useful going into the 2015 season.