Do you or your family do other things behind the boat besides slalom?

Horton

• Baller
Is this a trick question? I would put an hour and a half annually on the boat if I relied on Slalom. Kids are freshly up on skis, they biscuit, kneeboard and I barefoot and wife has occasional wakeboard. Slalom is top priority always though.

• Baller_
Our family has three slalom skiers, two and a half jumpers, one and a half trickers, and a wake boarder. I am the half jumper, my son is the half tricker and wakeboarder, and my daughter is a legit three eventer.

Lpskier

• Baller
Slalom until beer o'clock then round the day out with some surfin usually. Kids are kneeboarders and every once in a while I lose my grip on reality and go out to show them how it's done, shortly there after I get a firm reminder of why I don't do it.

• Baller
Most everybody but me wakeboard. I conceded the tower install to accommodate a little more room while pulling boarders. However it's my ship and the wake shall remain small and ideal for slalom. tubes are prohibited.

• Baller
We slalom, trick, wakeboard, wakeskate and I admit to pulling the tube around at times mostly when the lake is busy and we have guests. I mostly slalom and trick my kids do the other stuff. Plus my son rides his jumpers including running the course on them. We don't have a jump on the lake though.

The kids have left the slalom skis on the rack. They are all wakesurfers now. So, I also wakesurf with them. Towed watersports for me was a means to enjoy my family. Slalom is and always will be my favorite sport, but the time and resources go with the family. I do slalom whenever I get the chance - but not nearly as much time as with the kids.

• Baller
@thager - surfing is the next best thing to sitting on the couch - awful hard to hurt yourself ;) My boat is set up for surf but I've avoided buying a board so far, my wife saw a video at the boat show and wanted to try it so I'm guessing that I'll have to pick one up this year.

• Baller
We're public water folks with no course in the vicinity, so I'm the only dedicated slalom skier in the family. We're usually out with our kids and their friends, so it's a lot of tubing and kneeboarding and possibly teaching them how to ski if they've never done it before.

• Baller
@oldjeep Not much of a wake on an 02 196. My comment was more along the lines of 3 event. Tried wake surf, wake board, etc. , that stuff either beats me up or just bores me to tears. I must be getting really old. I just yelled at a little kid to get off my snowdrift.

• Baller
@swardco I stopped that nonsense by requiring everyone who wanted to tube to ski or board first. Weird, they had fun and then were too tired to donut thingy. Nothing more mind numbing than slow droning around the lake forever in circles, except maybe going up and down a farm field on a tractor.

• Baller

Usual activities, slalom for me and skiing on two for the girlfriend. She will slalom this year. We did wakeboard one day since the boat came with one and we just thought we'd try it. We tubed early in the year but once she was skiing the tube stayed home or was used for lounging in the sun. It will likely only come out this coming year if there are guests on the boat. Any boat time is good time though!

Thinking of getting a ski skat like the good ole days but dang, I might be too old for that thing...

• Baller

@thager Excellent! If they are too little or too green to ski or board, kneeboards are a great option. Get 2 or 3 kids on kneeboards and a spray war is inevitable. If the kids are pretty skilled you can do a show ski pickup when one falls. They love that! Plus they learn great basic skills.

@swardco Wakeboards rock for kids. There is a lot of crossover to slalom. In college they will need to 3event. Tricks are best learned young. And many Open slalom champions won their first Regional medal in tricks (on a wakeboard even - no fins).

I'm quite surprised by the preliminary poll results. The companies may be missing out by the focus on slalom only. Bring back the MC Prostar 190! (With my wake mods of course).

Eric

• Baller

I got a used trick ski last summer and it's awesome. We use to pretty much only ski and use the tube 1 or 2 times a year. Now if we are not skiing we are tricking (read: trying to trick) - tubes never even hit water this year! Falling over endlessly is WAY more fun than tubing and I am lucky enough to have friends that agree.

• Baller

Other: my friends and I, Slalom Slalom and Slalom. But I am always taking kids from the neighborhood and they want to:

tube, tube, tube, ride combos, slalom, kneeboard and tube some more. And we never tube around where someone is skiing.

I've got a young family. My 6yo tubes, but the wife and I get up every morning for a few sets of slalom each, then take the boat out later in the day for surfing or general tomfoolery. We've got wakeboards and a wake skate, but primarily slalom and surf. Although, I've been known to ride an air mattress on occasion..