For those up North...

Wish

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Baller
It has been warm and rainy the last couple of days. The lake is still frozen but I wouldn't walk on it. Hopefully by mid April the ice will be out. The snow has melted off my boat at this point so that is a step in the right direction.

• Baller
That looks crazy. I remember a few flakes falling one time in Oct when we were skiing but that is full on snow. Took my rear hatch and new skin into the upholstery shop this afternoon, hoping for some warmer weather and getting the boat out on the water in a couple weeks.

I saw that picture floating around facebook yesterday. On Jan. 1, 2016, a couple guys who've lived on my lake for 30 years went skiing. The only reason they did so was because January was the only month they had not skied.

• Baller

Having lived Up North for most of my life, I can remember when early warm temperatures

gave you a false sense that Spring was here. Such as 70's in late March. And, then I

remember one college Spring weekend in May when it was SNOWING.

• Baller_
I lived in MN for 22 yrs.. never seen icicles hanging off a boat like that before..dock looks a bit sketchy. Believe it or not, here in Central Florida my dock froze over like that once...ok, I helped it. Knew it was gonna drop below freezing and dumped water on it that night. For a few hours in the morning before the tree shadow was gone, I was able to pull my then 5 yr old daughter sledding on it...its 168' long. Used a tow rope and handle of course.

• Baller

One year in the nutty college days, I skied up to about December 5th. Wearing a full wet

suit and just doing remedial jumping (5 foot, concentrating on balance & form). The next

day, the river froze. Fortunately, it broke up later on, so we could pull the boat out.

After that, my closing date moved back and back, eventually ending up about Halloween.

• Baller

I got out on a boat today, but it was my buddies fishing boat. The lake had ice on it when we drove by at 8am. When we got there around 12 the ice was all gone. Ahh, good old Lake City, MN.

I did get in the water and make a few turns on the ski last weekend when the air was in the mid 60's though.