Moomba Masters - 2015

MattP

• Baller

The first round of M/W jump and Women slalom went down yesterday at Moomba.

A strong group of guys once again heading into the next round.

Freddy 220

Ryan 212

Bojan 209

Igor 204

Felipe 196

The top 5 going into the next WS round its interesting and good to see some different names in the hunt for a title this year.

Karen Truelove 5@38

Geena Krueger 3@38

Whitney McClintock 2@38

Emma Sheers .5@38

Breanne Dodd 5@35

Women jump looks again like it might be dominated by the home town girl Jacinta.

Jacinta 177

Nati 168

Marion 160

Jutta 154

Nancy Chardin 150

Full results here http://www.iwwfed-ea.org/classic/15AUS326/

• Baller_

I drove the women's seed one yesterday. water conditions were fair (on a scale of 1-10, 10 being Yarra great----- a 6). All were having trouble on the city end getting in the gate and one. the top girls wised up quick and went off the dock at 13 meters instead of 14. Overall a pretty good "Practice round" just wish I had eyes in the back of my head to watch as my boat judge was very much entertaining as the girls skied.

I drove the second seed men's jump as our new upstart driver Glen Martin's Brother was in that seed. Water conditions were as Bad as I had ever experienced on the Yarra for jumping. water was up over the rip rap and into the grass,,, Shocking! luckly for seed 1 the tide had receded some what but they still had to contend with some pretty nasty conditions.

Congratulations to US skiers Lauren and Jenna Morgan they made it into the semi's in slalom.

Taylor Garcia who made it into the semi's for jump and also won the night jump round last night.

Today Men's Slalom and Women's jump semi's and men/women trick.

I have the day off today and will be on the bank watching slalom and cheering on the old guy!!

Thanks for supporting the 2015 Moomba Masters!