How new or not new will your next boat be?

Horton

• Baller
I don't know for sure and I am likely quite a way from getting a new boat but I would guess I will look for something in the 3-5 year old window with whatever the current speed control system is. That is likely the best bang for your buck while getting something fairly current. That is usually my strategy with cars also.

If my LXI ever had engine problems I'd have to take a hard long look at repowering it with a new crate Indmar and adding ZO. It would be alot cheaper than buying a 1yr old promo. I just love the hull so much.

If I was going to buy a promo boat - I'd buy @Moskier3ev TXI. Now thats a sweet ride.

• Baller_
My current boat is 6 years old, has Zero Off, and has only about 360 hours. Barring some sudden or dramatic change in circumstances or income, I expect to keep this one as long as it (and I) remain viable and useful.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.

• Baller
3 - 5 years is a sweet spot but I have no problems with my old LXi so I will probably hang on to it for a while yet. Repower is always an option but at 380 hours I can't see that happening for a long time. I do look at the used TXi's that pop up for sale but seriously can't justify the money right now.

• Baller
If I were going to spend the money on a new boat I would order it exactly like I want it, since it would probably be the last one I buy, ever. My dream machine is a sn200 in silver cloud, victory red front stripe, and masters blue or vapor blue rear stripe. Progressive graphics, ZR 409 engine, and the team package. I have been told the analog gauges are not very good. Still on the fence on the trailer. Single axle is all need for storage, and an occasional trip to the marina for service. What is the best trailer, Phoenix, Ram-Lin, or Boatmate?

• Baller
I love my current boat too much to replace it. If I ever did it would have to be a miracle find as I am super picky. It would have to be a 2007-2009 196LE red and black retro graphics with a teak platform. I am more likely to re-power my current boat than buy another as finding the one I would want is damn near impossible. Plus, a re-power is a great project that I'd enjoy.

• Baller

GAJ0004 question: "What is the best trailer, Phoenix, Ram-Lin, or Boatmate? "

In my opinion Heritage makes the best trailer for the 200. Solid construction, never quality issues as in some others, looks good, and fits the boat the best. Load and unload with no interference with the spray rails.

• Baller
My goal is to order a new Nautique by the 2020 model year. I am finding little cracks showing up in the gelcoat on the deck in my boat. Only 2 little ones so far. They are about a quarter inch long each. I am the only one who would spot them right away.

• Baller_

@ALPjr. I know of a very nice re-powered (GT-40) 90 Ski Nautique that will be coming up for sale.

Also a pretty Cool 1961 Rayson Craft Flatbottom Wood decker with a BB-ford that was a nationals tow boat at the Long Beach Waterski Nationals.

• Baller
I was at the Edmonton boat show. Not to mention there were only 2 boats at the entire show made for skiing. 200 and a prostar. But the "show" price for the team 200 was a whopping 98,800.00. I could not believe it. Now I know the Canadian dollar is low. But how are we supposed to justify 100 grand for a boat where it's winter for 6 months out of the year. (Although this year probably only 5). I bet I'll be repowering my 98 ski nautique when the gt40 kicks the bucket