Scam on ski-it-again?

waterskicorey

• Baller
Have any of you been scammed on SIA? I posted a ski for sale and have got 3 people interested in it the next day. All of them want to buy it on my Paypal account. They are all Asian names and the grammar in the e-mails is very strange, has anyone else had this problem? Thanks.

• Baller
Thanks @oldjeep, other people have had the exact email as I got, sounds like it is legit. @Horton, I have never sold anything through Paypal just bought with it, have sold a couple of ski's on SIA and have got certified checks and never had a problem. The e-mails I got just seem weird

• Baller
Good thread find @oldjeep I sold a ski to a Choong (Elly) Seo last May. Paypal as you stated. He had me ship it to LA CA. That thread is what made me give the sale a chance. My sale went smooth. As @Horton said, once the money was in my paypal acct it was pretty secure.

Paypal does have a good dispute system for the seller and buyer. Just make sure you document the whole transaction well. I would take pictures and videos of the skis and keep records of all communication with the buyer. Keep records of your shipping information and make sure you get adequate insurance. If I was selling electronics I wouldn't do it but for a ski it is kind of hard for the buyer to say it doesn't work.

• Baller
Just in case no one has heard of it....if you get an email saying you received money via paypal, make sure you login to paypal manually to double check (not by clicking on the link in the email). The big scam with paypal is people sending a fake paypal email that either tricks you into thinking you got the money or it sends you to a fake website that logs your username and password.

I just got this email from someone who wants to buy my ski. Does this sound legit? I am thinking it might be a scam.

POSTING ID: SIA27082 CATEGORY: Slalom

2009 Blue Sky Sports Warp

Name: su

Email: zen1004@empas.com

hi~~ I was interested your ski. please tell me more about payment systems. Do you have paypal account..? so i can make your payment? Also please tell me your shipping method and cost to desination of zip code is 90248.(Los Angeles, CA) Can a bit of a discount? Is it possible in 1000 dollars ?? pretty please...shout me an e-mail ASAP.

• Baller

I'm working with several Korean companies for about 20+ years. Almost all of them loyal and honest people.

We have to keep in mind that Western and Oriental languages have very different logic.

People who just learning English simply transfer Korean sentences into English words.

It needs some time to get tuned to this logic.