Length of Ski

blagrata

• Baller

Trying to make a final decision on which ski to get. The final contenders are the HO CX superlite and Senate Graphite. I'm sure either one would make a great next ski for me. I seem to be right in the middle of the size ranges between a 67 and a 69. My weight ranges between 185 and 195... obviously my goal is to be closer to 185... which should be doable. In reading through as many posts as I could find here most people seemed to advise going with the shorter ski... indicating that at least the Senate 67 should be good up through 200 lbs. I was wondering if skiing style had anything to do do with a good choice. I ski the course mostly.... free ski a little. I can pretty consistently make passes at 28 mph. I made a few at 30 mph last year. I would think that I'd spend most of my time at 30-32 mph in the coming year. I would describe my style as more on the cautious side. I don't push it a lot and therefore don't crash big a lot. Yeah... I know.. if I fell a lot more I'd probably progress faster... but to me the increased chance of injury isn't worth the more rapid success.

So... anyone at my weight and ability have any thoughts on 67 vs 69? Maybe I should just get one of each! Would 69 be more stable.... less chance of going OTF? Would a 67 progress faster through the course? Thanks in advance for any input.

• Baller
Don't mean to hi-jack this discussion. I have been riding a 66" Helix last year at 166lbs I am now 156lbs , have the chance to trade to a H2 should I go with a 65". Ski at 34mph and working on 28 off

• Baller
@Youd270 I'm not sure I could justify the $550 increase in price to myself. It looks like the size choices are the same. I had thought about a 68" vapor... but thought that probably wouldn't be appropriate for my ability level....and may end up having the same surface area as the 67 senate. This is my first step up in a ski in 4 years (currently on 69" F1x)... so anything is going to be a huge difference for me. Thanks!

• Baller
@blagrata I switched from a 69 F1X to a 67 Senate last spring. I could not believe how much better the senate suites me than the F1X did. Never missed the 2" in length and find it easier to come out of the water on the senate....all in all it feels a lot more stable. I am about your size and ski at 32 mph most days. You wont regret moveing to the senate from the F1X

• Baller
@blagrata I'm a toe plate guy so I went with a profile up front and a ARTP in the back. The profile took a couple of sets to get used to coming from a wrap but I really like it now. I have a vector on my "boat ski"....or the loaner and its comfy too but I really prefer the profile.