2016 Engines

skiinxs

• Baller

gmpowertrain.com/MarineEnginesControllers/ProductPortfolio.aspx

With 2015 being the last year for the marine small block Chevy (5.7) I noticed in the Correct Craft press release today that "GM Marine Technology is a title sponsor of the Masters" In the press release it is mentioned that "Masters attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the all-new power options for 2016 ". It will be interesting to see which of the new direct injected engines will make it into our boats. Their web site published specs, including horsepower and torque. I think the final tune by PCM changes those specs somewhat, but they do appear to be healthy and LIGHT with their aluminum blocks. Cost will be another interesting facet. It will an interesting year......

• Baller

I was wondering if we were going to see an update on PCM's website with more details, well into MY2015 now.

Might we see the 5.3L in a 200? More peak power than the outgoing 343 HP Excalibur, though I worry about the torque curve.

• Administrators
@dbutcher What I have heard is that in 2016 you may not be able to get a 5.7 in some new boats and by 2017 it is unlikely you will find a 5.7 in any new boat.