Places to ski in Lakeland, Fl

Skihack

• Baller_
I concur. Lucky's is the place to ski. Aside from Lucky being a great coach, it has been windy here the last several days, and Lucky has three different courses so you are covered in just about any eventuality. Also, on Saturday a group of skiers are trying to set a world record: most skiers over a jump at once. Several ramps are being assembled and the magic number is 40 over the top at once. That will be worth watching. If you are a jumper, bring your gear. They may need extra bodies, you never know...

Lpskier

• Baller
I was looking more for a local lake. Skiing at McCormicks would be nice but get expensive after a couple of sets. I am possibly moving down there so I was looking for maybe ski buddies or a place to practice. Thanks!

• Baller

lpskier, you are probably right, no more than I ski nowadays. Boat is old but paid for. Not looking for lakefront property as I saw that it was very high in Clermont. I will probably look up Lucky as it looks to be close by. Lapoints', I do not know where they are though.

Thanks!

• Baller
@skimech, if you're looking to move and you want a place to ski with your boat, Ski Paradise is your best bet. Located just east of Mulberry, it has two slalom courses and a jump. It is a membership arrangement and you can store your boat on site. Contact Ruth Johnston at rjoh10514 at aol dot com. Tell her Leon referred you. Let me know how you like it by PM or email. See my profile.

• Baller
Luckys is an odd place to ski. I remember skiing there and there was a solid 15 mph wind on the course right in front of me. So I let some others ski. He took them to the course on the other side and I still figured that would not matter. When it was my turn it was still 15 mph winds, but when I got to the other course it was glass! I couldnt believe it. Great place to ski.