Shorter line progression

DmaxJC_ski

• Baller
Just curious as to what is the most new line lengths you have ran through in a season? What would be a realistic goal to set? 1 or 2 new lengths or 2 - 3? More even? I personally have about 1 1/2, meaning I've been through 22 @34mph not really consistently but I would ultimately love to get through 28 this year. Anyone had one of those rare occurrences where something just clicked and you smoked through a bunch of lengths?

• Baller
I count by buoys, not line lengths. I'd be happy with an improvement of a few buoys a year. But, at longer lengths, I don't think it is unrealistic to expect to improve by 1 line length per year. But that would most likely stop at -32, and from there the progression slows down drastically (unless you are a prodigy like @GOODESkier, who got into -39 after a few short years).

• Baller

I toiled for some time to get to and thru 36 mph 15 off but then blasted thru 28 off and 36 mph 32 off comets with any consistency took a while. 35 off 36 only happened once complete before hitting 35 yr old n 34 mph. Ran 35 off in 1st 34 mph tourney and was rocking 38 only to overturn 4 n out the front going to 5. Would be 5 yrs before I ran 38 in a tourney.

A leap is possible anytime with good coaching from pros or simply skiers better than you. As it gets short, leaps are redefined as anything that is a new pb. 1/2 ball counts!

• Baller
Totally skier dependent with a lot of emphasis on the variables of ski set up, consistent good driving, time on the water, and coaching (or video) if available. As mentioned above, as the line gets short the leaps turn into small steps.

• Baller

I am playing with all of the above. I'm not a young guy by any means but have made it around a couple of orange balls at 32 and ran quite a few 28's already this year. Not too bad for a guy who only last year struggled hard to get to 22 off.

I use a progressive rope too. I like the mid loops because it allows me to get a feel for what's next?

I usually try to run this the last bit: 22/25/28 then back to 18 off and increase the boat speed,

It is amazing what 2mph can change!!!!

One day I hope to run 6 @ 32!!!!!! Then I will no doubt want to run 35! :)

• Baller
Unfortunately I don't get much time on the water with the weather we endure here in alberta along with many other variables, hoping the wind lays off this year and with the price of oil I'm sure work won't be an excuse. It's still a solid 6 weeks till we will be on the water. Hoping to not be too rusty and get right back where I left off and into 28 early this year.