HO CX Superlite vs. Radar Senate vs. HO CX

• Baller
I can't comment myself. But I can tell you the experience of someone in our club. A member demoed an HO CX (I don't remember if it was the Superlite or not) and a Radar Senate and took them both to Powell. When I saw him a few weeks later he had the HO. He said for him, when skiing side to side, they weren't even close. He bought the HO. He said it was smoother, faster, and turned on its own. Never skied either one myself though.

I was trying to decide between the Senate and the HO CX at the end of last season. I was lucky to be able to try both skis behind my own boat for a whole weekend (3 sets). I went with the HO CX. I LOVE THIS SKI! That said, I didn't hate the Senate... It was smooth and very easy to ride. The CX tho had a lot I loved more about it... It turns very easy, it is responsive, the clean edge tech is truly noticeable for what it was designed for (effortless turns). The superlite would the the option I would go with if you can afford it... however it depends on what type of skiing you do. If you are in the course a lot, go for the superlite. If you ski open water, you wont notice a difference worth the money between the CX and the CX superlite. I am a huge fan of HO bindings as well.

• Baller
I hope the HO CX Superlite isn't a lot better than the Senate Graphite because I just ordered a Senate yesterday. I was trying to decide between those two and the Connelly Carbon V. My final conclusion was that I'm sure they're all good skis and probably all about the same level with each other (price... place in lineup). I went with the Senate because I was at the top of the weight range for both skis and the Senate seemed like it'd be a little wider (just because it mentioned this in relation to the Vapor). With regards to @Garn I would think that it would be important to know if they were comparing apples to apples.... ie... carbon fiber ski to carbon fiber ski or not.

• Baller
I'm a noob at the course. Last year when I decided to get serious on the course I demo'd many skis. I tried all the above mentioned. The HO CX Superlite I felt was superior to the untrained. It felt great and very responsive. That being said, I ended up settling on a good deal on a standard Senate. No it didn't ski as good but was close enough for the money. I wasn't trying to be cheap rather viewed the Senate to be stepping stone to work with.

• Baller
@pgmoore Now for me, the lithium senate would be an obvious choice if cost wasnt a worry. Almost $300 more than the superlite and even more than that when comparing it to the graphite senate. If it is in your price range, go for it. The lithium to me seems like it is superior to all three that I listed.

I was tossing up between the Senate Graphite and the Ho CX Superlite. I went with the HO, and have chosen the double Vmax boots also. I love this ski, came from a Radar P6 and thought I would struggle to deep water start. This wasn't even an issue, got straight up and the ski is stable and fast. I have had a real hard go once and the ski turns perfectly and is fantastic to ride. One thing I have noticed is that the water is breaking perfectly in the correct position under my front foot. I have nothing but good things to say about the Cx Superlite.