For the PCM Motor Guys

Texas6

• Baller
So we're currently in a 2005 196 with the Excalibur 330 in it. i ran a set behind it this morn and yesterday and it drove perfect and never made any noise or indication of a problem. Today I was pulling my son through the course, got to the end of his first pass and the motor just died as he was coming through the gates. Tried to kick it over about ten times with zero success. Motor wasn't hot, boat had fuel in it, oil, kill switch lanyard was connected...I know it could be a hundred different things but thought I would see if one of you nautique Ballers could point to something more common that could have happened here or that you might have seen. The way it died the kill switch was my first reaction, or something just disconnected electrically

• Baller
Thx guys - it's the kill switch. I screwed with the lanyard and switch for a while and got it to fire up and run perfectly. I'm thinking I should replace the switch before that gremlin pops it's head back up again. Thx for all the advice guys

• Baller

I have been using my ECS the last couple years. If the steering system failed and the boat went hard left or right and tossed me out, I would hope that I had it on my arm. It's not a big deal, just have to get used to putting it on and off, and wear it so that you can turn and shorten the rope.

Glad it was just the ECS. The rest of the stuff can be a real pain.

• Baller_
If a boat comes into my shop with the ECS disconnected it goes back out connected or a new one installed. I do think that it is irresponsible to consult anyone to permanently disconnect or bypass their ESC as it is a pure liability issue no mater how silly someone thinks it is!