Think Goode might have a new ski coming???

swaterkd

• Administrators
Funny. I was just about to email the Goode marketing guy and ask about when they going to start talking about the new.... super secret thingy

• Baller

They always officially release a new ski at nationals but frequently with Goode you see them in the wild before Nationals and can sometimes buy them also.

As @Horton frequently says the ski manufacturers are always working on the next ski.

@bkreis I realize the puzzle pieces are on Daves ski. I was looking at the position of the toe of the front boot. They appear to be the same size (or close) and the toe of chads boot is clearly farther forward. Again It could just be the camera angle too.

• Administrators
The new secret stuff just might work. I just got word that CP ran 1.5 @ 43 today on the new thingie. I saw a prototype of the secret “whatever it is” a few months ago and have to confess I thought it was the wackiest thing I had ever seen. Now I am starting to think maybe there is something to it.

• Supporting Member

At this point, only "the wackiest thing you've ever seen" has any chance of being a real breakthrough.

Of course, appearing wacky is only a necessary condition for a breakthrough -- very far from a sufficient one!

• Baller
If the fin is mounted further forward, wouldn't that just change the place where the ski can't flex because of the block? So the tail can flex, but what about the place further forward where it's mounted? I don't know much about ski flex, so is the ski supposed to be stiffer there?

• Baller

You guys apparently missed the Goode Blog after the Big Dawg last month..............

"Chad scored 5 at 39-1/2 off to Dave’s 3.5 at the same rope length to earn the win. Fellow GOODE skiers Bruce Dodd finished third, Marc Shaw fourth, Greg Badal sixth, and Todd Ristorcelli seventh."

• Baller
@rico I don't ski on Goode but the 9800 broke regularly but I don't think the skis from the 9900 forward had that problem and they have a much better warranty (I believe 5 years) now. I don't think ski durability is an issue right now.

• Baller
@rico You're mistakenly equating breakage with defect or poor manufacturing process. Dave himself will now tell you that he and his customers value the lower resin content and lighter weight for performance reasons, as opposed to heavier construction for longevity.

• Baller
I'd say breakage is a defect. I'm with @rico , if I personally know of 5 that have broken, and it hasn't even reached market, I'd say I'll wait too. May very well be one of the things they are working on rectifying before release.

• Baller

Got an Goode E-Mail today saying the Flextail will be available in July for MSRP $1890.

Better bring my checkbook to Nationals !!!

Sizes: 63.75” – Up to 110 lbs.

65.25” – 110 lbs. to 150 lbs.

66.5” – 150 lbs. to 190 lbs.

67.75” – 190 lbs. and up.

• Baller
It works and skis very well. I only got to try the 65.25 over the winter, but it is all that was described in the WSM article. I look forward to getting a 66.75 for myself............ My XT is for sale if anyone is interested, PM me.......