Goode Flex Tail?

supersonicus

From looking at the picture and knowing nothing about the ski, here's my guess.

1. The slot for the fin cuts clear though the back of the ski.

2. The fin is attached to the ski in front of the fin.

3. This would allow the back sides of the ski to flex independently of each other on each side of the fin.

Knowing nothing about fluid dynamics, I guess that in a turn and crossing the wakes:

1. The pressure on the side of the fin that is either on the outside of the turn or towards the boat when crossing the wakes is higher than the opposite side.

2. Since the back sides of the ski (on each side of the fin) can flex independently of each other. The side of the ski with higher pressure will flex upwards and the side of the ski with lower pressure will flex downwards.

3. Thus the back end of the ski will naturally rotate in the same direction that the skier is initiating an edge change or lean.

Because of this the ski will (so to speak) naturally rotate and allow easier turns around the buoy and increased angle across the wakes. .

Am I close or all wet?

Details will come soon enough when Dave is ready to go with production. @jordan less torsional stiffness is not what this new ski is about. In fact it is torsionally stiffer than previous. This ski does not rely on the ski flexing torsionally. Thats it for now!!!!!!

• Baller

@supersonicus -the idea of a fixed fin with a tail that can flex independently and allow the depth to change with more tail pressure isnt new. there was a patented device in the late 90s called ' the switch blade ' that accomplished the same thing. it didnt catch on

us patent number 5868595 for anyone who cares.